What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bruce banner gamma ray victim

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
This is the Incredible Hulk I remember from my youth played by muscleman Lou Ferrigno on the TV show from the 70's/80's. Ithought it would be fun to do a tribute sculpt. So far just working on the portrait...

louhulk.jpg

louhulk1.jpg

I need to raise his mouth a tad and learn how to make clay look like "puffy" hair...!

I have been a fan of Ole Green Skin all my life. This is a good Lou look alike, and true to the photo. He does look like he ate a brick of Uranium and is trying hard to pass it though.

Do you ever sculpt anything oriented towards beauty and grace, or an approximation of it? Failing that, how about Vampirella?

You have amazing talent!

Ha ha! Thanks Tam!

So by "beauty and grace" you mean girl kits?
smile_m_32.gif

I haven't tried sculpting any women yet. I have a few ideas, I just have to actually try it for the first time. People say women are very difficult to sculpt so I've always put it off!

That is very neat indeed. I still watch The Incredible Hulk on Sci-Fi channel.

hey Josh, maybe rough the hair out in a "billowy" kina fashion then stipple with a wire brush???

just a thought, looking real nice so far, sorta a little "andre the giant" with the hair the way it is in the pic, really nice work
biggrin.gif

The current hair reminds me of the old He-Man action figures, I kinda like it the way it is.

Girls, yes, girls. A real bust, hahaha. I was thinking something by way of a lanquidly reclining Venus in white, sort of....beckoning.

Hey, it worked for old Mikey!

Seriously, I have never encountered talent like yours and although I can appreciate horror I also appreciate the pretty stuff. I hope you'll give it a try sometime.

PAK will pose for you I think!

If you like Girl Kits you should check out the latest issue of the indie model/sculpture magazineKitbuilders Magazine I think it's issue #48 the "Girls of the Garage" issue. Some really great stuff in there for girl kit fans. Ranging from women sunbathers, reclining vampire girls in/on coffins, robotic women from Scifi novels, dinosaur fighting amazons, mythology inspired women sculptures (my favorite sort), etc.

Everyone should try picking up a $7 pack of Super Sculpey polymer clay at Michaels crafts and see what you can do with it. It's fun to make your own stuff while you're waiting for your CPs to grow! If you have images to go by it's pretty easy to at least get the basic forms created and from there on the level/type of detail you want to add is really up to your discretion.  Abilities always evolve everytime you do something. If it's not working just start over, Ssuclupey never dries up until you cook it (200*F oven)

Following the steps in the book Making Life-like Figures in Polymer Clay at this website Elvenwork Press will get you  making an anatomically accurate/porportioned  male or female figure from your imagination (not using photo references) in one day. I'm sure anyone can do it if I can!
smile.gif

I finally ordered a pressure casting pot for making perfect urethane or wax molded copies of kits with no air bubbles (no reject parts). I can't wait until I can play around with that in a couple weeks cos I've got a creepy little original bust sculpt in progress for hopefully a halloween release.

hum i see a red x where the oicture should be

Hi Josh
Yes thats really good,i grew upon the green man and still watch it if it comes up on the odd occasion.
Bye for now julian

Back