What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hurricane refugees

I found out that a friend of mine was living in a house that had the power knocked out by hurricane Frances.  She has two Chihuahuas and a litter of six little pups...no lights, no AC, no refrigeration for fresh food.  The least I could do was make room for them at my house.
They are a bunch of cuties.

Tango the dad
Scaredy_001.sized.jpg

Samba the mom
Samba.sized.jpg

The Brady Bunch
P9080040.sized.jpg

The little brown guy with the red eyes just loves steak with Cajun seasoning but Linda, his mistress, whupped me up side my head when she found out I had been feeding him that.  What the "Hey"...a guy needs his protien.

Oh man! They are so cute. Here in Texas all the hunters call the poor little things "rat dogs".
smile_n_32.gif
(don't tell her I said that)
smile_m_32.gif
A friend of mine has one named Sophie, and she slides on the wood floors when she is chasing a ball.
smile_n_32.gif
God Bless all in the hurricane's path!!!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{FLORIDA}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

My uncle Gary in North Carolina (Massachusetts native I think) calls our Pomeranian, Fluffy, either "rat dog" or "Floppy".

.....Don't ask me......

Oh, man! Those are so CUTE!

Awwwwwwww...aren't they the cutest things!
biggrin.gif
That's a lot of pups for a tiny dog to feed. No wonder they loved that steak! (Actually I would have whupped you too! That's not good food for a pup even if they like it.)

i suddenly want to use the word cute... but i will not... arrgh.. i can't... must.. resist.. the cute.. puppies..
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I am a doberman person myself but these little guys have such neat personalities.  Tango, the sire, is very agressive and only responds to men but Samba is just a little sweet pea and loves everybody.

Geez PAK...it was just a small piece of steak.
biggrin.gif

That was too many pups for Samba to feed.  She lost a lot of weight and became very weak so she had to be seperated from them.  She was such a good mom, and though she would have died she still wanted to nurse them.  They had to be bottle fed for two weeks.
They are now eating mostly solid food...but no steak.  I learned my lesson.

I'm so glad that you took them in Lauderdale. They are very cute dogs. Way to be a good samaritan
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Sep. 15 2004,7:17)]i suddenly want to use the word cute... but i will not... arrgh.. i can't... must.. resist.. the cute.. puppies..
smile_k_ani_32.gif
You just did
smile_m_32.gif

I'll take one off your hands lauderdale
biggrin.gif

She is going to sell three of them Spec but shipping them to CA is not really feasable.

Back