What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Aim hacked

Hey,

I'll keep it simple. Almost always there are about 30 people online on my buddy list. they all sign on and off generally at different times. BUT since i upgraded AIM to the newest 5.9 version, i think SOMEONE's tinkering with my account.  all at one time, 10- 15 people sign off/on at the EXACT same time. I DONT THINK SO! and sometimes I get the error message "some changes and modifications to your buddy list could not be saved"... just out of the blue...

STUPID LITTLE HACKERS! I'll get you, I swear...

That sucks!

Have you checked your house for Gremlins?

I've been having the same problem. I believe its attributed to the software, and not hackers.

Change your password just in case though.

gremlins..lol
biggrin.gif
(i miss vene)

Kirk- I'll be seeing you soon
smile_m_32.gif

Same problem fygee? Ah... What version do you have? I jjust recently upgraded to the newest version... Must me some major bugs in it, or maybe its very easy to hack. I heard the password crackers are fairly common these days...

Found the problem!
<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">There is a new beta version of aim 5.9 out. This version ahyuking blows rear. I reccomend not upgrading. Heres a list of probelms that are in it:

Aimutation has errors with it.
Major security flaw
You can be warned by someone youv never talked to, and you wont know their screen name
Direct Connection Errors, Very slow speeds.
Retarted new icons.
Buddy icon poop like if you say a certin word enough times AOL gives you an icon reflecting it. If you say "ahyuk" alot it gives you a "Warning, Badbuddy" Buddy icon. This is invading on your privacy, this can be called adware/spyware.

ahyuking stick with aim 5.5 Until Aim 6.0 comes out, it's not worth it.[/QUOTE]

bloody hell! I see "ahyuck" which translates to a rather naughty word that begins with f and ends in uck, (not firetruck)...
BTW.. don't go tryin to type that word in though to see if it really changes it to ahyuck. Trust me my friend tried it here
smile_n_32.gif

Try using Trillian, it's a im client that has msn/aim/icq/irc/ and yahoo. I don't know if posting links is allowed but do a google search.

Back