What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brazi chillin...

Hi all!

One of my neps was starting to dislike my window sill, pitcher buds drying out and so on, so I thought, what the heck, Ill stick it in one of the snake tanks.
Said and done, I hung it in a tank that my brazilian rainbow boa resides in, and much to my surprise, the snake climbed up and into the pot, and stayed there for a while.
Had to snap a few pics and share with you guys hehe.

Here's the part of her thats still on her 'tanning ledge' on the background, nep up front.
Nytt049.jpg

Part of her body visible in the pot, as well as one of the forming pitchers i didnt want to lose.
Nytt050.jpg

And here she is, chilling with her new tank mate
smile.gif

Nytt051.jpg

She's only very tiny still due to very bad living conditions with the previous owner. He had her in a desert terra and didnt feed her well at all, but after she came to me she's shed a few times and is improving both in colour and allover health.

/Quensel

Wow. Nice pics!

beautiful brazilian. a guy i know who breeds them says a bit of sun every so often will also help improve their colors. he would take his out on the lawn for a half hour or so when it wasnt to terribly hot down in Texas.

Rattler

Update:

This seems to be beneficial for both lol.
The snake spends a lot of time in the pot now, climbing out now and then for a dip or a tan, but seems to like the pot best
smile.gif

Also, the nep has 2 new pitchers coming along since I moved it. Now I can clearly see the advantages of grow chambers
smile.gif

/Quensel

Awwww...that's cool.
smile.gif

Beautiful snake! Be very careful though - The snake might decide to try some potting soil for food, or might accidentaly swallow some while shedding - Don't want him to become impacted!
smile.gif

Back