What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My website!

• Thread starter lithopsman
  • Start date
Hello all,
Just finished my first attempt at a website. Still have lots of species profiles and pictures to add, just tell me what you think and if you find any errors, etc.
Thanks,
JM

My Webpage

Pretty good!

Those red X plants are lookin good!
smile_m_32.gif

Lithops, even though you put the picture in the coding, you still have to upload it to the server in order for others to view it

looks good!
except none of your photos are showing up.
like Spec said, you have to upload your photos as well as the actual pages..
and, looks like the addresses for the photos mioght be wrong as well..
right now they are pointing to your C drive..
well, try uploading the photos first, then we can troubleshoot from there..
Scot

Oops, will do!  
smile_n_32.gif

EDIT: Ok, should be done... Let me know if any still don't work, and if so, which ones.

Nope, still no pics...

Capslock

Do I have to do direct image links in the website? If so, how do I do that? Thanks,
John

Nice setup but your cps all look the same. They are all red x's still.
smile_m_32.gif
If you can find a website that host free pictures you should be set.

I have them hosted... Do I need to re-insert them from the host?

There are some websites in which you can host pictures but just for that website. Plus those pictures you have, have not been downloaded yet. They are still on your computer but not on the internet. If you know what I am saying?

see:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Yahoo%20SiteBuilder/sites/default/sitebuilder/images/aristo_thorelli_header-123x221.jpg

Well I uploaded them to the home.petflytrap.com site that my website is hosted on after hearing that they weren't showing up...
confused.gif

So that will work on my website as well? Thanks!  
smile.gif

EDIT: It doesn't appear to have worked... Did I do something wrong?

Can you post your picture here?

Just odd that your properties are different? The post of your picture here is http://home.petflytrap.com/users....der.jpg

The ones on your website are:
file:///C:/Program%20Files/Yahoo%20SiteBuilder/sites/default/sitebuilder/images/jacquelineae_best_pic-231x271.jpg

If you see what I am saying?

I kind of get it, but I'm not tech savvy enough to know what it means...
confused.gif
smile_l_32.gif

If you right click on your picture(s) on the bottom you will see properties. That is how you get pictures to work on other sites. According to the ones from your webpage properties it was not downloaded correctly. Can you post the picture that is here at pft on your website using those properties?

Some much for the KISS principle... Keep It Simple Stupid
smile_m_32.gif

Ok, lithops... Get the hyperlink from your pics, and change the "file:///C:/Program%20Files/etc/..." link to the HTTP hyperlink... Type it just like you would when you post pics here.

I tried it on one pic... See if it works, and let me know. Thanks
smile.gif

Back