What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

P. casabitoana emergency

We'll see, you couldn't know much about them, there could be many on the mountain. I was exagerating when i said thousands, i meant alot. I just hope the population is doing good, its been about 7 years since hurricane george, and its been 3 years since the site was last visited.

I have been on vacation and have only just gotten the chance to log in here. My attention was drawn to this because some people were expressing concern.

Tamlin said:

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Also, to the best of my knowledge the ABG does not solicit or accept illicit material lacking documentation, so the TC thing is out unless you can provide such assurances.

This is absolutly correct. When I spoke with AE it was as an agent of ABG and I was explicit that every and all legal and ethical protocol be adhered to. Also, as an agent of ABG I would not and will not accapt illicit or illegal material. It is not just a mater of my own good name but ABGs reputation which I am protecting (which is more important to me than my own personal reputation.) I hope that clarifies the situation as far as my intentions and actions.

Now, on a brighter note. I have successfully contacted the photographer of the large picture AE posted in the Ping forum (A photo that originated with me BTW.) The photo was taken last year and according to the photographer the plants were "everywhere, as is evident by the fact that a bird photographer could find them." I will not disclose the site he found (my professional decision) but it is safe to say that the species is not on the brink according to his information.

If anyone has anything further to say to me please PM me

Hey I photograph birds~!

I'm really glad the population is doing good, and i can't wait to go in December. I've planned it out and i am going to be doing alot of studying while i'm over there. If when i am over there, i see (with my own eyes) the population is doing as good as i hear it is, i'll collect one or two seed pods. If i do collect anything, i will have all the permits, and all the other legal formalities, available for anyone who requests it. Regardless if i collect or not, i'll still have alot of information and pictures that i plan to share with the forum when i come back.

Well... seems like i probably won't go to DR for christmas break, dad wants to go to Europe
confused.gif

Back