What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ebay auction

Oh, I think I knwo these ppl! Read thsi thread: http://www.rob-rah.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=551&highlight=#551

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!! I htink these plants are wild collected!
mad.gif

And they dont want you to comment bad on them at all, or they will send you hate mail
mad.gif

Youa rnt allwed to say soemthing neutral!

BUYERS BEWARE!!!!!!!
mad.gif

Dino

That is so wrong... I am glad no one is bidding.

this is far from their first auction..
many many many people have bought these from them in the past..

They deleuiberatley moved into houses right next to where these plants grow, so thye can dig them up and sell them!
mad.gif

Did anyoen read the thread which I have posted?
Dino
cool.gif

Is anyone going to send thsi guy hate mail?
Dino

i cant, but i wish the police could do something, this sounds alot like peter-pauls

I think I will. I iwll simpky tell him what he is doing is very disgusting and he is doing a lot of damage.

careful folks... dont be too passionate posting about him here, dont want pft to be sued or anything.

"Hate mail" is never the way to go.  There is nothing wrong in sending an intelligent, WELL THOUGHT OUT email on the matter SUGGESTING they rethink removing the plants from the wild.  But to send some raging email just makes you look stupid.

When something makes you mad, you need to find the right way to approach the issue so you don't come across like an foaming idiot.  You will get a lot further being calm and factual than by being mean and hateful.  People ignore "hate mail"...but a thoughtful, informative email might get the point across.

Violence and hate never gets you anywhere.  Too much of that in the world as it is.  Try reasoning, factual information and tact.

Just for the heck of it I'll throw in some angry faces, Fear them!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Grim @ Sep. 17 2004,3:23)]Just for the heck of it I'll throw in some angry faces, Fear them!

mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
E GADS!!!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
LOL

Did you read the thread, Plantakiss?(The first link which I posted) He quite likes being a foaming idiot himself!
mad.gif
Hes also fond of using LOTS OF CAPITAL LETTERS!!!!!!!
mad.gif
Sorry, not intended to upset you in any way.

Makes me so angry. These palnts are slow growing, if removed, it iwll take 10 years for 10 new palntst o appear, and another 10 for them to start flourishing.
And it will take more them 100 years for them ALL to be replaced if there is only a single plant left!

Kentucky may not have laws protecting this plant, but that doesn't mean that this guy hasn't done something illegal. I think everybody overlooked one important clue. His ebay name, kyatvrider. If you break that down his name means "Kentucky all terrain vehicle rider". I'm sure he rides on trails through the woods of others property, maybe even state owned. I have a gut feeling that these are plants that he found on a trail way back in the woods. If they are from somebody else's property then he is guilty of theft, and with the price of these plants it's grand theft. He could be guilty of numerous felonies.
I don't know much about orchids but if these are cites protected, it's illegal for him to sell them over state and international borders, which he is guilty of.

The guy who obuhgt soem posted this on ebay:

Unable to know quality of plants until they start growing (or not) next year

Then he got an email which read:

WHY WOULD YOU ORDER BULBS WE SENT THE BEST AND YOU LEAVE A NEUTRAL DISQUISES AS A BAD NEGATIVE REMARK WE DO NOT TAKE THAT LIGHTLY AS IT REFLECTS ON OUR BUSINESS WE HAVE SOLD OVER 5000 LADY SLIPPERS THIS YEAR ALONE NO COMPLAINTS......

Then the guy sends him a reply:

The feedback is "neutral" and not negative. If I had wanted to leave negative feedback then I would have done that. Cypripedium acaule is notoriously difficult to establish in cultivation. All cypripedium are very susceptible to root damage when transplanted from wild growing via bare root. They transplant much better when grown from potted. The feedback was a fair statement that the plants looked fine, but in truth there is no way for me to know if they have suffered root damage until well into next year. The other customers you have shipped over 5000 cypriprediums to this year are all equally unable to say whether or not the plants will establish ok, and it would be quite impossible for them to complain about something which they would not yet know. I am not complaining either. I hope that all will be well with them, and the warranty is encouraging, but my feedback is nonetheless 100% accurate and truthful. Cheers.

Then he gets another reply:

This is just plain crap to buy something and because you dont know what will go on leave a bad remark disquised as a neutral if you were skeptical then DONT BID

Then the seller places this NEGATIVE remark on his ebay profile:

DONT BUY BULBS THEN LEAVE BAD REMARKS GOT WHAT YOU PAID FOR

Then the guy gets a ransom:

Listen send them back if you are not happy and ill refund
as per policy. ill retract the feedback and even pay for it if you will be willing and go through square trade then we will just not leave anything buyers dont think that a neutral hurts as much as a negative and as for facts there is nothing factual
on your statement at all

5000 wild collected ladies slippers..............what a waste.
smile_h_32.gif
confused.gif

I am guessing only around 750 have survived.
Dino

P.S
Very good point ozzy! And he is also selling a  car too!
And he is also digging up live moss, and woodland plant and sellign them too, as well as orchids.

Number one someone will only buy thes if they have money shooting out their rear. The bid is a grand for 300 plants. What a ridiculous person. He also gives ATV riders a bad name, which of one I am.

Back