What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hulk sculpt update

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
just a couple new Hulk pics for anyone who cares to see em:

louhulk11.jpg

louhulk12.jpg

louhulk13.jpg

louhulk.jpg

The hair has moved into Teddy Kennedy territory... getting bigger....
smile_n_32.gif

Woah that's most impressive. Keep up the good work!

Wow, man, that is totally beautiful, you got the ragged mouth and the sorta enraged squint down perfectly....
Man that's sweet- Are you going to paint it??? and how big is it?? any smaller than 1/5 and I'll be sick thinking about it
biggrin.gif

Impresive Swords. You have some good talent there!

Hulk's hair looks like mine did when I was a kid and went from a crew cut to longer hair. It was two to three inches long and stood straight out. Took forever to get it to lay flat.

Thanks! I'm getting closer to what I want it to look like. This will be a 1/4 scale figure (18"), usually I work in 1/6th (12") but hulk just deserves the bigger treatment! I'm not sure if I'll be doing the whole figure or just a 1/2 figure bust (to the waist) with a logo plaque and pile of rubble base.

Yes there will be a final molded and painted sculpt to show off sometime around halloween if I don't start too many more projects before then... After it's done it has to be molded in silicone rubber because the huge body is going to be sculpted in green Castilene toy wax which is a very hard wax but isn't paintable or permanent.

About five urethane resin copies will be made but since I don't have the rights to market them it will not be officially available from me. There will be two variant "one of a kind" paint ups sold on Ebay just to recoup my cash for the mold and resin. Once it's done it will be seen by the people who have the ability to make it officially available so maybe one of them will pick up on it. If not, it's fun practice anyway!

Wow! That's amazing! You've really been given a talent for sculpting. I'm glad that you are keeping us posted on your projects. Good luck with it.

- Joel

Back