What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice car!

• Thread starter firewired
  • Start date
I was surfing the internet and found this car.  This is my favorite of all of the muscle cars

1970.jpg

Anybody know what make/model/year it is?  

I have this same make/model/year, and am in the process of fixing it up.  I have big plans for it
biggrin.gif
  I have a 400 bored and stroked to a 462, and I just got an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake manifold for graduation in college (i walked through but am not actually done yet).  A pretty nice graduation gift!  Now I need a carburator, valve covers, and an air cleaner.  Then the engine is done and ready to be installed.  Then the body work begins
smile.gif

GTO? The pic looks like one of the more general GM muscle cars, but I was thinking 69-74 GTO. Sorry, it's a little early for me to remember everything about the headlight changes (yes I do know those things)
laugh.gif

Really is a nice car!
smile.gif

You are really close!  It is a 1970 GM muscle car.  Any other guesses as to the model?

If it's not a GTO it must be a Le Mans. Am I right?

I bet that's it!
smile.gif
If not, I need to rack my brain...
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CNCreefer @ Sep. 18 2004,11:55)]If it's not a GTO it must be a Le Mans. Am I right?
You are correct! It is in fact a Le Mans. There isn't much difference in the GTO and the Le Mans. They are both beautiful cars! I am looking forward to getting some time to work on it before winter hits.

Nice car! Really love it! I can't wait to see it when it is done! I saw a 68 or 69 GTO a few days ago. It was black with a 488!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Wow! That must have had some torque!

I bet! Maybe it was a 448. I just didn't think Pontiac made 448 GTOs. I think it was custom numbering on the car with a bored/stroked engine. Pretty nice sound.
smile.gif
Nothing like the supercharged wail of the E55...
laugh.gif

Back