What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im reaching breaking point.

• Thread starter Starman
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do I have to do this lecture again? Starman, I'm not angry with you, but you really need to ignore the crap other kids give you! You shouldn't care what they think. I never did. You're letting them win, you're letting them get to you. Don't let them win. Don't give anyone that satisfaction. I want you to listen to this song closely. It's Big & Rich's "Live This Life"..

(((three hours later)))

Alright, I can't find an MP3.. here's the lyrics, completely from memory, I swear.

Met a man on the street last night
Said his name was Jesus
Thought he was crazy 'til
I watched him heal a blind man
I watched him heal a blind man
Now I see, yeah

I'll live this life until this life
Won't let me live here anymore
Then I will walk
Yes, I will walk
With patience through that open door
I have no fears
Angels follow me wherever I may go
I'll live this life 'til this life

Met a girl in a chair with wheels
No one else would see her
Met a girl in a chair with wheels
Everyone was so afraid
To even look down on her
But she just
Spread her little wings
And flew away, yeah

Then I will walk
Yes, I will walk
I have no fears

Met a kid on a bridge last night
Contemplating freedom
Met a kid on a bridge last night
And he said
"I'm tired of this maddening life
And I'm ready to go meet Jesus"
And I said
"He's a friend of mine
Met him just last night
And it's alright"
Yeah

Then I will walk
Yes, I will walk
I have no fears

Said his name was Jesus
Met a man on the street
Last night

it's hard to just one day stop not caring about what others think... so don't be frustrated... but when you learn to not care, life is SO much better
biggrin.gif

Don`t do it Dino! You have lots of people,includeing myself,who care for you! I agree you should talk about it with someone. I`m going to see a pshycolagist soon(for my sickness) and you should too if you are haveing suicideal thoughts. I know how it can be I`ve been depressed from percaset withdrawl realy bad. And I do feel deppressed and cry a few times a week because of being sick. So I know what you`r going through. It`s difficult and you don`t se much light but it`s there we will both get through our problems and be healthy and happy again. Just imagine how your family and 100`s of friends would feel if you killed yourself? We`d get reel depressed all of us because it would be like it was our fault for not talking you out of it enough! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I don`t just saying that either I mean it! You are a very nice and likeable person from what I can tell and those bullys should just lay off! When you feel reel depressed try litening to some music it`ll help. I like the dixie chhicks song "cold day in july" as my preffered song. That realy helped me when I went through my withdrawl symptoms.

praying for the best for you,
Noah.

Don't worry Dino, sounds like them Brits over there aren't to fancy, But then again, America ain't all it's cracked up to be, at least acoording to Green Day,

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
Don't want a nation under the new media.
And can you hear the sound of hysteria?
The subliminal mind-*** America.

Welcome to a new kind of tension.
All across the alien nation.
Where everything isn't meant to be okay.
Television dreams of tomorrow.
We're not the ones who're meant to follow.
For thats enough to argue.

Well maybe I'm the **** America.
I'm not a part of a redneck agenda.
Now everybody do the propaganda.
And sing along in the age of paranoia.

Don't wanna be an American idiot.
One nation controlled by the media.
Information Age of hysteria.
It's going out to idiot America.

Starman I've been going through the same thing through my school years so I'm now being homeschooled. And now I gotta go through 6 months of therapy where I'll get diagnosed with probably similar things. I diagnosed myself with certain things. But the point is, I guess we've all been through hell like this before. And I HATE IT when people tell ya to ignore the mean people because it's impossible if ya hear it then it's gonna hurt you no matter what. Ignoring people also teaches you to be really antisocial and slowly your social skills fade and that's what's happened to me. Trust me, you don't want to be that way.

Not so long ago, we were doing rugby.
I dotnlike it, and Im no good at it.
So a bully decided, whenver I mess up, he will hit me withe the ball.
Thats what happened.
He hit me over 20 times.
I had several bruises on my body.
He hit me in the head, resulting in my filling getting knocked out.
Then right at the end, he hit me right in the eye.
I was screaming and crying, and not ONE person came and asked me if I was O.K. The teacher had to do it instead.
He send the bully off, and he wasnt allowed to participate.
I am now terrified of doing P.E, esspecially rugby.

Im not at school today, too depressed,a nd I am crying now, I have been crying all day.
I miss Bosnia. I miss all my freinds. I miss being happy.

I am gettign racially abused again.
Another bully asked me if I came here on the back of a truck.
And he called me a Bosnian B**** and told me to go back to Bosnia.

Starman,

The majority of people contemplate suicide at some point in their lives. There are times in life when things look so black and there seems to be no hope. These are transitory moments in life.

First off, there is no such thing as "normal". Your dispraxia should be easily treated by a speech pathologist to some degree. There is no shame in admitting to a weakness. Try to make up for it by concentrating on your strenghts. Hellen Keller is a great example.

I recommend joining an internet forum that is for dispraxia. An internet search will give you some locations.

I did this when I discovered my own ADD. Joining an internet forum allows you to see that your pain is not unique and others can offer support, comfort, advice and solutions.

As for the bullies, my experience has shown that fighting back is the best solution. Even if you get beaten, predators do not like prey that is difficult to catch. This is the Law of the Jungle. When you fight back, they may still not like you, but they will have a certain amount of respect for you.

All of the bullies that I came across were all talk. When I hit them, they never hit back and never bothered me again.

Join a local martial arts center. Learn how to defend yourself. Most are very cheap on a montly basis and you might even find an instructor willing to take you on because of your bullies. If money is a problem, buy a book on martial arts. Bruce Lee was the best imo. Watch his films.

For all of society's rules and regualtions, we are still animals and governed by the laws of the jungle. Upstanding citizens follow these rules, but the true beasts do not.

Contact your school's principal and inform them of the problem. You have certain rights of protection from people like this. Even tell your parents. They could litigate if the school offers no solution.

Normally, the biggest guy is not a bully. Stick around him.

If the beatings continue, a kick or punch to the groin area will topple the biggest person anywhere.

I was very shy before the bullies. When I confronted THEM, I came out of my shell. Living in fear is not a path I can recommend. I tried that.

Be your own best friend first. Others will not like you if you do not like yourself. When this happens, others will be drawn to you. Some will even be the female flavor.

Someone once said, "If you want a true friend, get a dog." They will always be there for you. They will listen for hours on end to your problems and never make fun of you. They will always love you.

When you stand up for yourself, you will gain more self confidence than by any other measure.

Good luck,
Tweek

My parants bought a dog for me to help with the depresion.
His name is Sam and hes a jack russel.
However, it isnt helping that much.

I am part of a martial arts centre, but it will be another 2-3 years ebofre I iwll be able to defend myself properly.

My parants and the headmaster are regualy informed of the bullying, one person has already got exxpelled for not leaving me alone.
My parants have been there to speak to him over 25 times now.

If I punch him, I iwll be in a pool of blood on the floor.

O.K, I am still crying now, I am trying to clam myslef down, anything from eating fruit to listening to classical music, but nothing is working.

ohhh man that reallly sucks, he should get in serious trouble for that like suspeneded or even expelled...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Sep. 22 2004,9:05)]If I punch him, I iwll be in a pool of blood on the floor.
Poke him in the eye's and kick him in the nads. Repeat if necessary.. Better yet buy steel toe boots. Karate will help you out a lot. As in the mental and physical part. I love martial arts!

Travis, come on! Let's not encourage Dino to inflict permanent injuries! Poking in the eyes is SERIOUS stuff.

I do recomment a quick shot between the shorts, though, if it's trully warrented. Only as a VERY LAST RESORT. If you stand up the bully, sure, you may get beaten up....But aren't you getting beaten up anyway? Most of the time, if you just get in their face (no shots need to be thrown), they'll just walk off in a huff. You win.

It really stinks to be the odd man out. I used to get stuffed in lockers all the time, hung up by my underwear (think they called that the galactic wedgie, or some such nonsense)...etc. Now no one would even think of trying that crap. First, we're all adults now. Second, well, just look at my avatar.

Or, belive me, I was thinking of poking htme in the eye for a long time now.
I ws thinking of doing it to other bullies too.
However, \I owuld only do it if thye hit me first, then I oculd say I "accidently" poked them int he eye while trying to defend myself.
They wouldnt mess with me then.

Oh no, they dont take the hint, I have tried that trick beofre, and they tell me to f*** off!
mad.gif

In stead of poking, spitting in his face would be safer. You will need a distraction before going between the shorts. I also recomend not doing this in front of his friends. At all cost try to avoid fighting but do not wait to get hit first. That is a judgement call on your part. I do not want to encourage fighting but it is about standing up for yourself.

I told you violence works
smile_n_32.gif

this is absurd. that's nothing to joke about and i'm dissapointed in all of you. violance is never the answer. passive resistance and standing up for yourself with words is good, but never violance. is spitting violant? no, but it's desgusting and you can spread diseases.

take a lesson from ghandi.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 22 2004,4:03)]this is absurd. that's nothing to joke about and i'm dissapointed in all of you. violance is never the answer. passive resistance and standing up for yourself with words is good, but never violance. is spitting violant? no, but it's desgusting and you can spread diseases.

I am not joking. Getting picked on is not fun. You do not need to spit. You can make the spitting sound just to distract them for a second. If you can not stop it through communication or help from an adult during school you need to stand up. Why get pushed around all the way during school? Violence is the last resort but people getting picked on because of physical/mental or what ever problem is abuse in its self. Kids are ruthless on other kids and that can wreck there self-esteem in their later years of an adult. That is all I have to say.  
smile_o_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 22 2004,4:03)]this is absurd. that's nothing to joke about and i'm dissapointed in all of you. violance is never the answer. passive resistance and standing up for yourself with words is good, but never violance. is spitting violant? no, but it's desgusting and you can spread diseases.

Sorry, you have obviously not experienced bullying/racism.
Now, owuld you either:

1)Hit and beat up a bully and be left alone for life

or

2)Leave them and be bullied and racially abused for years on end

I am seriously going to resort to hitting. I cant take it no more.

or 3) stand up for myself without violance.

go ahead and hit them, it's your life.

yeah. you hit them, get suspended, they will hate you for hitting them and humiliating them, they will make more fun of you, you will have more enemies, and you'll always be scared of them/ or at least unconfortable around them.

do take martial arts or something just in case things get out of hand (if they give you a jacket like they gave my brother, WEAR IT. it really helps ;) I never took martial arts but I used to wear my brother's jacket and that earned instant "respect" from some people.)...
the best thing is to never be alone. You don't need to be alone anyway do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back