What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Im reaching breaking point.

• Thread starter Starman
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be violent if I have to. There's no reason for someone to suffer for doing absolutely nothing, it CANNOT be tolerated by ANYONE. That's what I beleive. I can't beleive some of the stories going on. I never actually got beaten up by anyone or even attacked. But I know what I'd do if I was ever attacked. I think the reason people were afraid of it was because schools in my area do not tolerate violence or any kind of racism at all. If you flick someone you get a detention and I'm NOT kidding. That's probably the major reason I didn't attack a few of the people in my school. Plus I'm no shrimp and they must know better than to mess with me.
cool.gif
 lol And the cool thing is that you'd never know that I could hurt someone by being around me. I treat people the way that they treat me and that's my number 1 rule. That's why people I know think I'm harmless. Which I am....to them at least >;-D

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]other kids interested in cp or other plants
no offence but... HA!
I REALLY doubt that.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Remember if these bullies are ammused with your suffering they will contiunue to bother you, there is a sayig in spanish that goes" No le des el gustaso" It basically means dont let them get the best of you! Dont show them how bothered you are... Its tough buddy I'm sure!
that is EXACTLY what I mean.
Kids used to make fun of me and stuff but I always just ignored them or walked off. It rarely turned physical. and when it did, I usually began crying and getting mad as hell (literally red as a tomato and screaming) and running towards them and tackling them... well, they didn't like that... I've never made anyone bleed because they annoyed me (aldough I "kick" my brother on the nose... but it wasn't my fault!), or sent them to a kat scan, I never even got anyone into trouble (including me).
Ignoring them and Rage always worked for me :p
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
<<<< that's what I looked like (w/out the hat :p)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] If you flick someone you get a detention and I'm NOT kidding
LOL! I once got a lunch detention for saying "are you crazy?" to someone... aldough it should have been the teacher! LOL
well, I AM a shrimp.... or at least I was. now I'm a little more average.
in fact, my nickname was "enano" which means dwarf in spanish. I didn't really mind (or at least THEY didn't know I did) them calling that... I bet if I had showed that I was mad they would begin herassing me more. I was also weak as a fly (cough cough... still am)
I don't know WHY I was almost never bothered. I was in Mexico from first to fifth grade. and everyone's violent there! (look at me... a weak, smart
cool.gif
LOL Mexican stereotyping Mexicans... tsk tsk tsk...) I guess they found it more fun to pick on other kids rather than me...

Well, I'll make this short. I'm an only child. The day before kindergarten (about 20 years ago), my dad taught me how to throw a punch properly. First week of school, there was this boy (about a foot taller I might add) that kept trying to kiss me and wouldn't leave me alone. I kept telling him no, and ran for it when I could and told the recess ladies. He finally cornered me and tried to hold me to the wall to kiss me. So I socked him as hard as I could and bloodied him up. Of course, we both got sent to the principal's and our parents got called in. After I had told them how much he had been bugging me, and it was corroborated by the recess ladies, HIS parents apologised to me and he got suspended or something. My dad said he was really proud of me for trying to solve it peacefully first, but not hesitating to defend myself. I think that's sometimes what it comes down to. Remember, self defense is legal! But you really have to be in a bind to get away with it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I odnt know what to do anymore, I want to have the courage to go and slash my wrists and die.

Oh man, this is serious. Do you really seriously feel like that, Dino? If you do you have to get help, I'm not kidding.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I need a freind.

You have friends, Dino, don't forget, even though we may be net-friends only...we are still friends. I know it may not be the same, but talk to us, we may be able to help you.

Jason

Dino, you have plenty of courage. It takes far more courage to go on with life in the face of hardship than it does to take the easy way out and die. Jason's right, it's past time for you to get help on this. You need to talk with your parents and make thiem realize how bad you feel. Talk to your school nurse/counselor, or principle. That's what they are there for. They're there to give you help and support, not just to enforce the school rules.

Dino
Your post reminded me of my schooldays, and how badly bullied I was.

I was educated overseas, and was always the foreigner; wearing glasses, being quite skinny & having an interest in plants did not make me popular, I was called all sorts of names, was beaten up, had my lunch money stolen- all the usual stuff.  I hung around with all the other "nerds", computer geeks, video game players, brass band members, birdwatchers, suspected homosexuals - you get the picture...

Now, recently there was a 20 year school reunion.  A website was setup to bring everyone back together posting details of what everyone is doing now, who they work for, pictures of their wives and children etc.  Now conspicuous by their absence from this website were all the school bullies, NOT ONE of them had made anything of themselves and no-one knows where they are now, they had all disappeared into the nothingness of moronic obscurity.  And what of myself and the other nerds?  Well, we all have successful careers in a range of respectable professions including ecology, scientific research, owning our own finance companies...and one of us is even a major player in Microsoft!

The moral of the story is that bullies are a temporary annoyance, and after schooldays are over you will not see them again.  They will not go on to college or university. They are all losers, and you will rise above them and be a success.  It may not seem that way now, but believe me you will.

The trick now is to cope with them in the meantime. You have 2 options:
1) ignore them completely, as they are after an emotional reaction from you. If you don't react they will get fed up and annoy someone else
2) attack them violently in a crazy and unpredictable way- bullies are cowards and pick on you because they think you wont react physically, so turn around and punch them in the face-you may get into trouble, but word will spread and they will think twice about bothering you again

Personally, I found that option 2 works best....

In the meantime you MUST speak to someone about it. If you cannot speak to your parents or school counsellors then try  Childline
it is for just these sorts of situations.

Good luck!
Stephen

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Sep. 22 2004,3:05)]O.K, I am still crying now, I am trying to clam myslef down, anything from eating fruit to listening to classical music, but nothing is working.
Do you like classical music? Because if you don't, it's not gonna help. It doesn't have to be relaxation music.. just anything you like. Frankly, classical music bores me a little. I stick with my country. Big & Rich music makes me feel great. *dances insanely*

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Sep. 22 2004,10:03)]this is absurd. that's nothing to joke about and i'm dissapointed in all of you. violance is never the answer. passive resistance and standing up for yourself with words is good, but never violance. is spitting violant? no, but it's desgusting and you can spread diseases.

take a lesson from ghandi.
Sometimes violence is the only route you can take. You can't settle everything with words. If some bully started beating on me, I'm not going to act like a peace nice gal and try to sit him down and talk it out with him. I may be a girl, but I'm not a weakling, and I can beat the crap out of someone right back if I need to, and I'm not afraid to, either. Trust me, when I go to public school next year, I am NOT going to have a problem with bullies. Bullies are cowards that feed off of people who shrink in fear and submissiveness to them. They won't get that from me. You have to stand up for yourself, whether by words or by violence. Do what you have to do. You must get it across to a bully that you won't tolerate their crap, and eventually they will learn not to mess with you.

Its like in animals. The ones who feel their dominant feel the need to express this dominance on 'weaker' individuals

as with finches, fish, and practacly everything else. Violence varies from school to shchool depending on how often fighters get caught. I jd just tell troublemakers to stick it

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 22 2004,10:59)]yeah. you hit them, get suspended, they will hate you for hitting them and humiliating them, they will make more fun of you, you will have more enemies, and you'll always be scared of them/ or at least unconfortable around them.
Actually, I believe the American law is that you cannot be punished for hurting someone if it's strictly in self-defense. Don't know how it is in the UK, but that's how it is here.

And no, you've got it backwards. If you make it known that they shouldn't mess with you, you will earn their respect and they WON'T mess with you.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its like in animals
we ARE animals :p
and like animals, if you don't want them to do something, don't give them what they want to get out of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]you will earn their respect and they WON'T mess with you
respect... yeah right.
I say if you get rid of them w/out getting violent, you may not get "respect" from bullies (but they'll leave you alone because you're no fun) but you WILL get respect from everyone else.

I'm just telling you worked for me. never had much trouble w/ bullies.

and for your depression, I was just watching a program on the nat. geo channel and they said that food can help. sometimes you have too much of something (many people may be allergic to wheat and so eating bread can cause those people to be depressed) or sometimes you need more of something else (fruits, vegetables)

The trick is to Try a little of everything. Really. Like, um try a little of each approche, and see if the reaction of others is to your benefit. Often alot of it is bluff.

Like you, i was picked on and had no freinds in untill i got to highschool.

but something happened in highschool that has me completely baffled

when i went to highschool, my personality did sort of a flip-flop
laugh.gif

See all of a sudden , well, suddenly guys (even footballplayers
smile_k_ani_32.gif
) seemed sorta scared of me.
confused.gif
 Like all of a sudden was sort of respected, ya know?

And all of a sudden i had like 3 girls saying hi to me everytime i walked down the hall
smile_m_32.gif

And i had done nothing. Atleast, thats what it seemed at first. It was more of a change in me than any one thing i did. The change was not pysicle. I did not suddenly shoot up (i have a growth hormone defficency) or get any change in my body. In fact i am very strange, not normal. Nothing about me is normal.

At first i did not know what it was, and it took the observations of someone else to tell me what was going on. It was a change in my personality that was the cause of this.  My attitude.

This freind discribed me to me.

Um like she said i walk around school with a dont mess-with-me face on all of the time. Short and angry! Im not normaly angry unless someone gets me mad. Or im in a bad mood (in witch everyone stays out of my way pretty mutch.) When this happens even seinor football players get out of my way.

But i dont understand why. I have never pysicly hit someone in any way.
Guys say about me "yah, dont mess with him"

Why? Im not popular. Liked, yes, but not popular. I dont 'hang' with anyone. Im a loaner. Guys who could obviously do serious damage to me give me a wide berth. Im not strong in any way.

And i dont understand why. Is it my attitude? But i dont get angry at much unless someone really trys me. I dont threten people or anything.

To be honest i dont understany why i became suddenly respected. Its a mystery. I dont go out of my way to intimidate people.

err i got a bit off track there

So dont worry. Things can change in ways you never expect. Even you can change in ways you never expect

Will yu change? as we grow older we all change a bit, and we usually dont notice it. Wether the changes will effect your social life, only time will tell. But there is always reason to be optimistic.

I went to pamida to get a few new pots for my new neps. And they over charged me $8.00 because they said the sale only aplied to the green pots. They said I couldn`t exchang them for green ones because all sales are final.Anyways after a while of argueing and telling them how sick I am and that it`s stress related and there causeing me pain they just kept on arguing and yelling and saying no! Finnaly my mom comes in and they tell her to "SHUT UP!"! Then I get in this fit I get where I get real weak then angry then realy real weak can`t hold myself up and then fall down to the floor balling my eyes out.. My mom had to real me out in a wheel chair,I cryed for like 2 hours,and felt like I couldn`t breath. finnaly my mom got this straightened out though. Why did they have to ruin my day? The world will never know. I`ve been very emotional the past 4 months I wonder if its because of me being sick for so long or other reasons? When I was on straterra I never had any fits so I wonder why that helped? Well hopefully the psycholagist can help me with this as well as my illness.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 24 2004,12:44)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Its like in animals
we ARE animals :p
and like animals, if you don't want them to do something, don't give them what they want to get out of it.
You think they want you to rear back and slam their face with your fist? No, they want a big emotional response from it. It's fun for them to see that they've hurt you feelings. Look at everyone else who has posted here. When they retaliated and acted violently towards bullies, the bullies never bothered them again.

Finch, yeah, my grandmother snaps at me all the time about how I walk around with a look on my face like I'm going to snap anyone's head off if they look at me. I can't really help it.. I guess I just naturally walk around with a don't-mess-with-me face. I just wasn't born with that sunny, overly-giddy disposition. I'm not the type that walks around beaming at everybody with a "Hiiiiii! Wanna be friends?!" personality.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No, they want a big emotional response from it. It's fun for them to see that they've hurt you feelings.
exactly! so you don't give them that, and all is fine. there's no need for violence. walk away and ignore them... don't show you're mad. easy as that.
sure, beating the crap out of them might work, but why make enemies when you don't have to?

I disagree.
I watched a program about bulying, and a boy was getting bullied.
He had been ignoring the bullies for over a year, but they never left him alone.
He just walked around hwile they put stuff in his hair and called him names and beat him up, and he didnt react once, but they never stopped.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 25 2004,6:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]No, they want a big emotional response from it. It's fun for them to see that they've hurt you feelings.
exactly! so you don't give them that, and all is fine. there's no need for violence. walk away and ignore them... don't show you're mad. easy as that.
sure, beating the crap out of them might work, but why make enemies when you don't have to?
Because I really don't care. They sure ain't gonna be my friend. The thing is that, with me, you're either my best friend or my worst enemy.

And I'm saying that if someone tries to maul me, I'm not gonna try to ignore them and let myself me beaten to a pulp. The only thing you CAN do there is fight back.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Starman @ Sep. 25 2004,7:03)]I disagree.
I watched a program about bulying, and a boy was getting bullied.
He had been ignoring the bullies for over a year, but they never left him alone.
He just walked around hwile they put stuff in his hair and called him names and beat him up, and he didnt react once, but they never stopped.
Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back