What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog tray

I put all my bog plants in a "cake carrier" tray for ease of maintenance.
bog%20tray1RS.JPG

I went to target today after hearing that they had CP's, and picked this up.
Correct me if I am wrong but it looks like s. purpurea ssp. venosa to me. Don't tell me it's a cobra's nest, there is one of those in my tray.
I was gonna repot it cause the pot was the wrong type and when I pulled the plant out of it I saw that it's really potted in a standard 3" pot with enough live sphahnum on top of it to grow a 4"nep.
I also included the "cobra lily" label in the pic. All the plants were labeled "cobra lily". There was this one and another like it, a couple of leuco hybrids, and a sad looking s. wrigleyana.

sarr%20purp%201rs.JPG

Heres another shot.
sarr%20purp%202%20rs.JPG

Top photo looks like "CP Salad". Those cobra lily's since I don't have a wriggleyana, look like purpurea to me.

Yes sir! That is a purpurea. Looks like venosa to me (nice FAT pitchers), but I'm not 100% sure of that.

I am going to try soeting like this too.
smile.gif

Very nice plants that you have there.
smile.gif

Dino
cool.gif

Heres an updated pic after adding the purp and the other purp hybrid and rearranging things.
bog%20tray%202%20RS.JPG

looks like there might be two plants of that purpurea, or at leasy two growing points which would make it easy to devide

Those "cobra lillies" (not!) are nevertheless big healthy plants usually. I'll give them that.

But one thing, CNCreefer, THAT'S NOT SPHAGNUM! And I would trash that stuff if I were you.

Capslock

Very nice! Yes thats a ssp.venosa. And no thats not sphagnum it`s that decorative green moss trash. Very nice plants you have there! Heres my outdoor tray.
cptray_8_28_04.JPG

yeah that moss is lethal to cps, sphagnum should be at a local home depot or lowes, or even sometimes walmart

A few days ago I got 2 bricks of real LFS. I can't really tell the difference between sphagnum and that other stuff so I got rid of the green stuff and put some of the real sphagnum in there.
Pond boy, your pic didn't show up.

It should work now sorry bout that I didn`t use my web hoster :oops:

Nice plants. I like that S. minor.
You got that tray under a pine tree? Looks like pine needles in there.

Yeah thats basically all we have here pine trees, pine trees, and more pine trees! Yeah they leave a mess of needles,pollen,cones etc.

Back