What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghost stories......................

i have never really been a superstious person. always unsure about the paranormal..............well that is until i started working at the local paper the spring of 2002. the place is haunted. heres some background: the building is actually 2 the old part is the main office. it was built around 1905 and is one of the oldest buildings in town. it was originally a grocery store and was moved up off of the edge of the river in about 1935-ish. in 1955 or so the other side, the printshop, was built. on with the experiances, oh yeah and by the way its name is Oscar

#1. June of last year our large press broke down. tore up some gears and such. while we were taking apart th press we found a 1x1 inch square piece of metal that broke off. we set it dead center on a granite top table next to the press that had nothing else on it and continused to look over the press to find out what was wrong. anyways later that afternoon Skip and i were in the office brain storming on who to call to braize the 1x1 piece back on as it was a guide for a shaft and kinda important. Darla over heard us and wanted to see the piece. "sure, no problem" and Skip goes out to get it. pretty soon he yell at me and asks where the piece is i said sitting on the table. he said its no there. well Darla and i go out and the piece is no longer on the table. nothing else was on the table and the piece was gone. we looked on the floor and everywhere for 1/2 hour before giving up. the next morning we come to work, i glanced over on the table as i was going into the office and there the piece was sitting in the middle of the table where we originally put it. i was the last one out the day before and the first to work that day.

#2 2 weekends ago i was working on a saturday to get caught up cause i was running behind on some jobs. i was the only one in the shop. the table i was working at faces one of the 2 doors that connect the shop and the office. well my head was down as i was fixing a numbering machine so i could number some reciepts. i heard some one walk down the 2 steps into the shop. i look up and no one was there. i sat for 10 minutes staring at the door wondering just how bad those reciepts had to be done today.

#3 about 4 months ago i was at home watching the girls and Darla was at work finishing monthend billing one night. i get a phone call from Darla. she had been sitting a her computer and she heard keys jingle in the door and the door open and close in the shop. no biggy, Skip comes in at odd hours cause he forgets stuff there. Darla waits and waits and no one comes in. she walks up and looks out the window, no vehicle other than hers. she than calls me. she doesnt want to go out in the shop but she doesnt want to leave either. i tell her its just Oscar and to come home.

#4 about 1 year before i started some oil certificates that we used to print turned up missing. a book of about 100. these things cost us $20 apiece. needless to say the whole 2 buildings were torn apart in the search. 12 hours of searching turned up nothing. the next day, Skip showed up first and there were the certificates sitting dead center on his empty desk.

#5 i wasnt there for this one as it happened about 3 months before i started. but there were 3 witnesses. Skip, Bobby and David were working late one night. we have 1 large press and 2 smaller ones in one area along with other equipment. anyways 2 of the 3 presses were running. everything normal. a OLD OLD type setting machine starts running full throotle with no one near it. it had a small moter connected to a pulley and such. dont know how to describe it as i never saw it, more on this later, just turns on by its self. Skip peaks around the big press that he was running eyes big as saucers, see they THOUGHT they disconected the press from power a month before. ok maybe its wired in else where and Skip flips the power switch. nothing happens. machine still going full board. Skip, eyes still huge, picks up the power cord not connected to anything, just 2 bare wires. they pull the machine away from the wall, still going full board, no other power connected anywhere. the machine stops running as quickly as it started. David a guy about 6-5 and 275-300 pounds. says "F this, im done," walks over and clocks out and goes home thinking the whole way home as to wiether he is going to set foot in the building again. Skip calls him the next day and asks him if he is coming back to work. David says not if that press is there. they loaded up the press and took it to the dump that day.

ive got more but this is a good start. anyone else?

Rattler

I woke up and saw a ghoustly figure for a second once,looked like an old lady. Probably just my imagination playing tricks on me though. Oh and when I was 6 I saw a small,bout 1 1\2 ft, humanoid shadow moveing about with no person to make it. Very weird and kinda frightining.

A few years ago I lived in this cool little trailer park with a bunch of friends and it was a really nice place. But there was one trailer in this park that was haunted. Well this place was constantly getting new owners over and over because of the fact that it was haunted. One time when my sister's friend lived there and they were inside just hanging out when all of a sudden they walked out of the girl's room and all the windows were open. Well they thought it was weird at first so they just closed em and that was that. Well a little later my sister left the girl's room with her other friend to get drinks. Well when they got back they couldn't get the door open and it didn't have a lock on it or anything so it was pretty weird. Well at first they thought the girl inside the room was just playing a trick on them so they were just laughing and trying to get the door open. Well the girl inside was starting to panic and then everyone started to panic. While all this is going on I'm outside playing in the yard and I hear the girl's screaming from the whole way across the park. So at the time I was like....6 so I just walked over to see what was happening. At that time they all ran out of the house so apparently they had gotten the door open. Once they were outside and I was confused asking em what was wrong they noticed that all the windows were open again and it sounded like something hit the wall in the girl's room. Needless to say my sister had a little sleepover last night. The girl that lived in that house moved away less than a month later. Pretty creepy, huh? I just wish I had been older so that I could remember how creepy it felt. My sis told me the story a while ago so that's how I know.

Now lemme tell ya about the cornfield across from my house. Well it started out when I went outside on my deck and I saw this figure in the cornfield and it wasn't moving at all. It kinda looked like a scarecrow but no one used them around here especially when the corn is down. So I just kinda stared at it for a while and it actually seemed like it was getting closer everytime I looked back at it. Well I was just getting too creeped out at this point so I went inside for about a half an hour. Well as that half an hour passed I got curious and went outside again. And the figure was really really far away. Well I gave a big sigh of releif and started watching it again. I was REALLY bored that day just so ya know. So I just watched it and watched it for another hour and walked around on my deck poking at stuff. I forgot about it for a while and looked back and it was gone. Well I flipped out and ran inside and locked all the doors because if I didn't know where it was then it could be close y'know? Plus I was home alone and that made it sooo much better. I haven't seen that figure since.

OH! I just remembered this one time at an indian pow wow that I work at sometimes because a family friend sells food there. Well I was looking for some gum in my parents' suburban (truck). Well all of a sudden I felt something moving under the suburban so I totally froze and just sat and listened. Then all of a sudden I heard this weird noise that sounded like a raccoon. Well as soon as I heard this noise I totally took off back to camp and tripped over like 3 wires. Each time I looked back and I saw two yellow eyes under the suburban just staring at me. Well when I finally got back to camp I gathered my step brother and my friends and we went and looked around. We didn't find anything until we looked across the dirt path into an old stable and saw those yellow eyes. It looked kinda like a little bear cub or something except bear cubs don't make the noise that raccoons make. I'm assuming it was just some kind of weird animal. I dunno I just hope it never comes back again. I guess you can't call that a ghost story but it's still creepy.

Well that's all for now, I'll see if I can think of any more....I just thought of one ^_^.

In my old trailer the back wall in my closet used to glow at night and it was really creepy. I liked to think that it was my dad in spirit form. That way I didn't flip out.

Ok 2 minutes later and I think of 2 more. I'm full of interesting yet...useless information ain't I?

This one happened some time a few years back whenever I had just moved into the house I was in now. Well this one is just creepy and not really ghosty but still cool. Well all of a sudden I just pop back into reality and wake up outside on my deck. And my shirt has been torn a little on the sleeves. Well I start freaking out y'know cuz it's not normal to wake up outside. Well I stood up, looked around and looked at my hands and there was blood on em. So I REALLY started freakin out and I ran inside and woke my mom up. She looked a little puzzled and told me to look in a mirror. Well I did and I realized the blood was from my nose. So I was like "whew ok, so why was I outside?" Well after that I KINDA went to sleep. I was a little afraid to at first. Well then next morning I got up and followed my nose bleed trail out to my trampoline. So I kinda figured out what happened. I went out for a little late night trampoline excercise jumping fun while I was sleeping! Aaaaand ended up hitting my nose on the thing after my first few jumps. If I had been jumping more I probably would've woke up. So thats why I figured I was only out there for a little. Upon further inspection I found out why my shirt was tore. I had climbed over my jaggedy wooden fence and ripped my shirt on that. So at this point I was just laughing about the whole thing. Later I started remembering my late night trampoline fun as I was doing it. It was just a blurr then OW then OW again then snoooozin on the deck. It was AWESOME! But if I would have woke up in the middle of the yard I would have had a heart attack. OK now for a creepier actual ghost story!

Well my best friend's room is known to be haunted by demons or whatever because we've all seen this dark figure that looks like a cat. Well he has a lot of cats so we're like OK lots of cats...lots of passed cats. Good friendly kitty ghost! Well we were WRONG. This thing was soooo annoying. The one time I woke up and the little b@$tard was sitting on my stomach staring at me. I was laying on the bottom of the bunk bed so I jumped when I saw the dark figure. So I slammed my head into the top bunk where my step brother was sleeping. Which woke him up. So I was just like OWW. And my brother was like "what?" and I said "Guess who." He laughed then I ended up staring out into the room for 2 hours. I HATE that thing sooo muuuch. I swear it just likes tormenting us. And no it's not a real cat cuz my friend hates them because they puke in his room so none of em are allowed in and he keeps his door closed. Plus the thing was totally light. I just woke up because I just always wake up in the middle of the night to change position. And I saw it. I had a headache next morning and I was setting numorous traps for it just for fun actually. Cuz it scared the hell outta me. None of the traps worked though. lol

Hmmm.......
My house has 2 spirits or ghosts whatever you call 'em. One's name is Cecilia and the other if asked what his name is only replies with an image of a single eye. Cecilia is a passive entity, never causes any problems or intentionally scares. One eye as we call him is a vulgar mean destructive entity.
Many things have and continue to happen in my house regularly.

One time me and a few friends were in the basement (my brothers bedroom) and it has tile floor over concrete. We were talking and whatever when a glass of milk that had been sitting took flight and landed in the middle of the floor, it broke of course but then as we were just staring at it and wondering what happened all the glass and milk on the floor began to come together in a circle. All the milk was a perfect circle and all the glass peices lay in the the center of the it.

One eye still is a problem. If a female is alone upstairs (was my bedroom) vulgar phrases will appear on the wall in what appears to be fabric paint. Its like a latex puffy paint and messages of things I can't post on here will appear directed at whoever is up there but this only happens if it is a single female alone up there. To this day the bedroom wall is filled with images of a single eye and profane statements. They don't disappear either. The upstairs is no longer used, the electrical sockets in the wall are burned out and even if you run an extension cord up there nothing electrical will work for more than a few minutes. Turn it on, it goes off, turn it back on, it goes off again, over and over. However that is only the upstairs nothing is ever bothered on the middle floor which is where we have bedrooms now and kitchen, bath, etc.. If you close your eyes upstairs you can feel bitterly cold nails or needles (something sharp) run up and down your back and arms.
When I began to deal with this thing upstairs and would only get an image of an eye for a response, I began getting frusterated with it and drew a picture of an eye with mascara and makeup and received a cut across my chest for it. I didn't feel it but I found it while getting undressed for a shower later that night. It had bled some but not heavily. That is when I began just leaving him alone.

Joe

hmmmmmmmm by your snoring i expect you have never delt with anything like this. yah know when i first started here i had a hard time not trying to figure out a logical explination. old building, stuff settles. there are going to be noises. but a friend of Darlas started working here about a year and a half ago. D'etta, well shes quite a charecter. near as Darla and i can figure Oscar REAAAAAAAAAALLLLLY didnt like her. after some stange stuff had happened D'etta and i sat down and compared notes. i had constantly been seeing someone out of the corner of my eye. no one was ever there whe i looked over but after awhile i got a basic physical description worked out. average hieght, male, light brown pants, kind of khaki colored but they were more like wool pants, had an old style hat on, dark gray in color. his shirt, i thought was a really dark gray or black. well i asked D' if she had seen any thing wierd. and she proceeds to describe what i saw except she thought he was wearing a dark blue and black plad shirt. niether of us had discussed this with anyone else up to this point.

David, Skip and I have been discussing Oscar quite a bit latly which is why i thought i would post this. really makes me wonder about things since i have always been fairly well grounded in science. i have seen other really scary stuff but they were do to hallucinations caused by high fever or a couple times a good blow to the head after a decent wreck on my bike when i was younger. nothing like getting screamed at by someone when there is actually no one there.

Rattler

I was once on my house and see this giant cockroach fall down from the ceiling right beside me! I jump 2 feet in the air, look around, and there was nothing there
smile_n_32.gif

one time this guy was picking his nose and died because he poked his brain
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Sep. 23 2004,11:30)]it was built around 1905 and is one of the oldest buildings in town.
LOL, I love America. Come to Europe, we have building suitable for real ghosts. In any larger city you will find at least a church 600-700 years old. I some cities there a buildings from 1000 BC or older. If I was a ghost, I used to see buildings from 1905 as new...

Jan

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ChronoKiento @ Sep. 23 2004,9:22)]This one happened some time a few years back whenever I had just moved into the house I was in now. Well this one is just creepy and not really ghosty but still cool. Well all of a sudden I just pop back into reality and wake up outside on my deck. And my shirt has been torn a little on the sleeves. Well I start freaking out y'know cuz it's not normal to wake up outside. Well I stood up, looked around and looked at my hands and there was blood on em. So I REALLY started freakin out and I ran inside and woke my mom up. She looked a little puzzled and told me to look in a mirror. Well I did and I realized the blood was from my nose. So I was like "whew ok, so why was I outside?" Well after that I KINDA went to sleep. I was a little afraid to at first. Well then next morning I got up and followed my nose bleed trail out to my trampoline. So I kinda figured out what happened. I went out for a little late night trampoline excercise jumping fun while I was sleeping! Aaaaand ended up hitting my nose on the thing after my first few jumps. If I had been jumping more I probably would've woke up. So thats why I figured I was only out there for a little. Upon further inspection I found out why my shirt was tore. I had climbed over my jaggedy wooden fence and ripped my shirt on that. So at this point I was just laughing about the whole thing. Later I started remembering my late night trampoline fun as I was doing it. It was just a blurr then OW then OW again then snoooozin on the deck. It was AWESOME! But if I would have woke up in the middle of the yard I would have had a heart attack. OK now for a creepier actual ghost story!
My friend Emily said that one morning she got up and her mom asked her if she was aware that she (Emily) got up in the middle of the night, walked out to the kitchen, made a bowl of cereal, left it on the counter and went back to bed.

That scarecrow one is creepy, man O_O

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Sep. 24 2004,3:34)]one time this guy was picking his nose and died because he poked his brain
smile_m_32.gif
...O_O...

Alright, well.. here's my stories.

When I was about 9 or so, I was sitting at the kitchen table doing my homework when I heard a knock, a genuine four knocks, on the wall somewhere in the bathroom/hall area. My grandfather walked into the room just then and asked me if I had knocked on the wall. I said no. He hadn't either, because he was the only one in the house and he was in his office, which is on the other side of the hall from the bathroom area.

Later on, a year or so ago, I was in the bathroom at 11:00 at night when I heard that same freaky knocking noise out in the hall. It was NOT mice (I know what that sounds like), it was NOT the foundation or frame of the house shifting (I know what that sounds like). It was a VERY DISTINCT four knocks, on the wall, outside the bathroom. Not on the door.. somewhere out in the hall. I came out of the bathroom and looked around. Nothing. I walked into the dining room and asked my grandparents, who were sitting down watching TV (and I know them.. I know if they've just sat down or if they've been sitting there for a while, and they had been sitting there for a while), but I asked them anyway if they had made a knocking noise or had been in the hall at all. They said no. I turned and ran back to my room and got back in bed, the crap scared out of me.

Then, last year, when my best friend Ariel slept over at the house for the first time, lots of really creepy crap happened. Not much the first day and night (except for my flag in my room up and falling mysteriously..), but then, the next day, we were eating lunch when I went into the office bedroom to get some soda (wow.. I can't believe we had the second fridge then.. we've had that thing for longer than I thought O_O), and I didn't turn on the light (I don't use lights unless I absolutely must.. when all the lights are on in a place, it annoys me.. darkness calms me). You know how when you're outside in the bright sun for a long while and then you come in to a dark place and all you see is gray? Well, the far end of the room looked like that, but it wasn't that, because I could see everything fine, and this silver mist was only at the other end of the room. I had never seen this before and I haven't seen it since. I got the soda, came out, and brought Ariel in there so she could see it too. She says, "Oh my God, you're right!!" She saw it too. Then the next hour or so went by without occurence. Then, when we were on the computer, most of the freakish stuff happened. The first thing was that we noticed that same silver mist hovering in the corner across from the computer (the computer is in the living room), never moving. We had no lights on then, or else we wouldn't have seen it. Then, for a really long time, we kept feeling a very distinct, cat-sized cold spot going back and forth around our legs. I even felt it in my lap one time. I'm not kidding. I feel that it's the spirit of Zeppelin, our cat that died a couple years ago from alleged heart attack at the age of 18 or so. I also felt biting, pricking sensations on my toes and shins. He used to do that.. give me play bites. Anyway, you know how you can feel someone watching you from behind? Well, we suddenly felt that at once.. but we sensed it felt extremely evil.. like an entity, very menacing. I've never felt such evil staring at me from behind before. I started trembling so bad I couldn't type. It went away after a few minutes, and I stopped trembling. Ariel said that she kept seeing flashes of black streaks behind her from the corner of her eye, and when she got up to go to the bathroom, she said she saw a black cat figure running up the hall wehen she came out. We got off the computer and went nervously into the dining room and stayed there until she left. After she left, everything stopped except for the occasional weird thing that I'm used to happening once in a while. The mist in the corner of the living room disappeared. The mist in the office bedroom disappeared (of course, I don't know how quickly it went away, because I didn't go in there again for.. a really long time) and I never felt the evil prescence again. It took me a VERY long time after that before I would sit in the living room again without being really nervous, and, to this very day, I never go into the office bedroom without turning the light on first and subconsciously glancing towards the far end of the room.

Back