What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A must see website

Blood of Heros

i highly recommend everyone take a look at this. also check out the lil tiny "info" in red on the bottom after it is done by clicking on it.

Rattler

I like the tribute, and it's a worthwhile thing to have made. We should never forget what happened that day.

Unfortunately, the guy ruined it with his self-serving, partisan political text at the end. The current war in Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11, and a lot of us are left wondering why our government forgot. They forgot about the horrors of that day, and who did it, and who we are fighting in the war on terrorism. It wasn't the tens of thousands of now-dead Iraqis. It was a band of terrorists, mostly Saudi, trained and organized out of Afghanistan by Al-Qaeda and under the protection of the Taliban.

Some of us who now strongly oppose our war of aggression and occupation of Iraq strongly supported the war on terror and the overthrow of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and the hunt for the terrorists responsible for that horrible day. OBL and Al-qaeda were/are public enemy number one. However, if you watch and listened in this political race, Bush hasn't mentioned his name in a long, long time. He must have forgotten that day.

Sorry for going political here, and I don't want to start an arguement. But it makes me shake my head to think about how we dropped the war on terror to instead attack and occupy Iraq, who even the 9/11 Commission agrees had nothing to do with 9/11. I won't forget.

Capslock

Yes, I agree too.
We must also never forget the fact that much of the U.S. public has been blinded by the media about Commander Ahmed Shah Massoud, who led the Northern Alliance, and was killed (by disguised Al Qaeda journalists) on September 9th, 2001. Not a perfect human being, but he fought the Taliban and Al Qaeda, and knew their whereabouts in the Afghan mountains. He died fighting for what Americans have fought for for centuries.
R.I.P. to all those who have died during those days.

im not going to argue with your points Capslock. i to believe Iraq really had no direct connection to 9/11 HOWEVER i do believe we did the right thing. however i also believe we are a lil late in doing it. this should have been done over 10 years ago in the first Gulf War. i do think the website is one of the best i have seen to this effect. if you know of a beteer one PLEASE post the link. one other thing. please dont take the major news outlets at their word. they are in the buisness to make money. viewers mean advertising dollars, bad news equals viewers. how often do you see a "feel good story" on any of the major networks? especially compared to the bad stuff. i have talked with several soldiers that have returned from Iraq, including my sisters boyfriend who is at this moment back in Germany and will probably be going back to Iraq. all have said its right that we went over there. all have said its not as bad as the major networks say it is. 95% of the ppl are happy we got rid of Saddam its the minority causing the problems and blood shed. these soldiers range from a MP who sees almost no action to ppl getting shot at and shooting back. just my 2 cents.

Rattler

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 24 2004,1:23)]I like the tribute, and it's a worthwhile thing to have made. We should never forget what happened that day.

Unfortunately, the guy ruined it with his self-serving, partisan political text at the end. The current war in Iraq has nothing to do with 9/11, and a lot of us are left wondering why our government forgot. They forgot about the horrors of that day, and who did it, and who we are fighting in the war on terrorism. It wasn't the tens of thousands of now-dead Iraqis. It was a band of terrorists, mostly Saudi, trained and organized out of Afghanistan by Al-Qaeda and under the protection of the Taliban.

Some of us who now strongly oppose our war of aggression and occupation of Iraq strongly supported the war on terror and the overthrow of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and the hunt for the terrorists responsible for that horrible day. OBL and Al-qaeda were/are public enemy number one. However, if you watch and listened in this political race, Bush hasn't mentioned his name in a long, long time. He must have forgotten that day.

Sorry for going political here, and I don't want to start an arguement. But it makes me shake my head to think about how we dropped the war on terror to instead attack and occupy Iraq, who even the 9/11 Commission agrees had nothing to do with 9/11. I won't forget.

Capslock
man, talk about "self-serving, partisan political text"! ;)

I'm not above a little self-serving politics! 'Tis the season!
smile_n_32.gif

Capslock

yesh
smile.gif

Back