What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bottanical illustrations

Hello everyone,
Guess what I'm looking for? Yes, botanical drawings, specificaly
cp and proabably colour Victorian period or style. Books or websites or galleries or anything really will do.
I've had a wee nose round google and past posts but I can't really
find anything. I'm collecting designs for a massive cp tattoo,
i'm thinking my whole left arm, neps on the top snakeing down
with sundews, vft's ect down at the bottom.
It'd be great if anyone had any info,
Thanks,
Rosie

ill try to remember to look at a 120 year old set of encyclipedias my mom has. it has those types of line drawings. dont know what it will have for CPs though. i should be able to stop up there sometime this afternoon.

Rattler

Oh wow, that's so nice of you. Thanks a lot.
I've got everything crossed.

I lived in Savannah, GA for a little while and there was one antique store there that would cut up pages of old nature books full of those wildlife/plant illustrations done by etching. Sucks that they'd chop the book up and sell each page for a pretty penny, but they were still treasures. I'm wondering now if you can order that sort of thing online somewhere.

Now you've got me interested... I'll search around.
smile.gif

Wow, that's pretty mercinary. Good job my mum never caught
them doing that or they'd be in right trouble!
Here's hopeing your sleuthing turns up something.
R

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Rosie @ Sep. 25 2004,7:20)]Guess what I'm looking for? Yes, botanical drawings, specificaly
cp and proabably colour Victorian period or style. Books or websites or galleries or anything really will do.
I've had a wee nose round google and past posts but I can't really
find anything.
Try
http://www.pwilson.demon.co.uk/sales/Prints/Gallery.html

Back