What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pizza

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I grew up in the New York City / Long Island (Lawn-Guy-Land) area. The pizza is the best there. Ever since moving away, very few places know how to make it taste right and most people are eating it incorrectly.

I have seen most people, out of the NYC realm, just pick up a slice and eat it as is. Some people, and I find this most appalling, use a knife and fork. How barbaric!

Th appropriate way to eat pizza is to fold it in half, allow the grease to drip to your elbows, and stuff as much into your mouth as possible. Two to three mouthfuls - and it's on to the next slice!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Th appropriate way to eat pizza is to fold it in half, allow the grease to drip to your elbows, and stuff as much into your mouth as possible. Two to three mouthfuls - and it's on to the next slice!
nope... you don't fold it!!! otherwise you just feel the dry bread in your mouth (I doubt that you fold it toping side out) and you eat it with a salad... hmmmm.... also some mt. dew or sprite or something like that. NOT coke. nor pepsi... they both suck :p

Pizza's junkfood most of the time anyway, who cares how you eat it as long as you enjoy it?  The point is that you get those killer cholesterol and salt quantities in your bloodstream!
smile.gif

Amori

PS. I love pizza.

Sigh. We have the best food on earth here in San Francisco, but we just can't get pizza like you New Yorkers. I lived in Connecticut for a while, and was in NYC all the time, and you can get good (no, great) pizza all over the place.

Here, it doesn't matter if I spend a little or a lot, they just don't get it right. Why is that?

Hard to find a good bagel, too. They're all bready and cake-y.

Capslock

Mmmm pizza. I just pick it up with out the folding part.

ha! The best job I had as a kid was working at Brothers Pizzaria, fun and lotsa greasy pizza!
smile_n_32.gif

Pizza...oh YEAH! Love it. Jimscott is 100% right!

If you're ever in my neck of the woods, I'll take you out to a pizza place where the slices are so big they require 3 plates..
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Oh, Yeah... LOVE it. Awesome thincrust pizza just rules in my neck of the woods - Wallingford, Connecticut which is about 10 minutes north of New Haven. Within a mile of my place there are over ten pizza joints! All are fabulous.

I think the new york pizzas are so big you kinda have to, anyway, florida has some good pizza, but not like my italys... (mmmm)

ahh.. its sad really. well guys i didnt really expect non-new yorkers to appreciate the importance of a good pizza. pizza is here is sacred. for example, while sitting down with a friend and having a pizza in new york city, if you say something while chewing, and your friend understood what you just said... there isnt enough in your mouth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Here, it doesn't matter if I spend a little or a lot, they just don't get it right. Why is that?
same w/ mexican food.... american mexican food sucks. and they leave out the best mexican food! americans think that mexican food=tacos...

Good thing about Los Angeles is that there is a variety of food here. There's even a street that has just Ethiopian food. And plenty of REAL mexican food too, I might add! As for pizza, I know of a place here where real New Yorkers say it's great. It's not the same of course, but at least the "experts" say it's on par. There's also a place here that imports NY city water to make pizza, but I've never been there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Sep. 27 2004,6:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Here, it doesn't matter if I spend a little or a lot, they just don't get it right. Why is that?
same w/ mexican food.... american mexican food sucks. and they leave out the best mexican food! americans think that mexican food=tacos...
I love taco bell! I know it is not Mexican or anything *like the really thing* but I love taco bell.

That's the weakness around here! While the pizza is GREAT there really is no good Mexican food around here. After having lived in Los Angeles, and Dallas, I really miss it.

We make our own Mexican meals quite a bit. There is really nothing quite like fresh salsa you make yourself with fresh cilantro. It's nothing like that rolf that comes in a jar. Our brand new super Walmart carries a nice selection of Latin foods - chiles, spices, etc., excited about that! Bought a bag of Masa, achiote powder, dried corn husks etc. and made tamales from scratch. Scrumptious. I absolutely REFUSE to EVER eat tacos in those just awful pre-fabricated things that come in a box they call taco shells. I remember when I first moved up here and I got a "Burrito" someplace...it was just stew - with peas, carrots, etc., wrapped in a flour tortilla. Gross.

lol. I used to like taco bell but then the sauce made me sick and now I don't even feel like trying out anything else... I prefer to go to wendy's and eat a grilled chicken breast sandwich... with a salad... and fries.... and mt. dew... YUM.
I LOVE food. food is good! and it can affect your mood, etc... GO FOOD! (yeah I'm crazy :p)

We need an exchange program. We'll send some of our mexican chefs over there in exchange for some pizza chefs for out here. Deal?

Capslock
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Bought a bag of Masa, achiote powder, dried corn husks etc. and made tamales from scratch
*drools* ok... we better stop or I'll have to go eat something... and there's nothing in the fridge!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ Sep. 27 2004,8:14)]We need an exchange program. We'll send some of our mexican chefs over there in exchange for some pizza chefs for out here. Deal?

Capslock
biggrin.gif
Sounds good to me!

I HATE pizza
smile_t_32.gif

I have never eaten an entire slice in my life.
I had to take a few bites when I lost a bet.
I hate all cheese too.
I do LOVE all japanese food however, especially japanese steak house type stuff and fried octopus balls. I got some at a japanese heritage festival yesterday. I also like japanese snack foods and sodas, like pocky and lichi ramuen (sp)

.....octopus balls???
you mean balls as in.... I don't think I can say it here...?
because octopuses don't HAVE those... they have spermatophores though

Back