What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Virginia floods!

Cynic81

Frakkin Toaster
Thankfully Richmond was spared a direct hit from Jeanne, eliciting a rather large sigh of releif from those of us in the river city who are still cleaning up after Gaston. However, Jeanne still managed to hit SW Virginia hard, and the depression passed directly over Roanoke, my hometown. Don't worry, my family is fine, but I yelled "OH MY GOD" when I saw this picture on the local news:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums....ded.bmp

I went to see July 4th fireworks at Victory Stadium last year. Now it's in the middle of the river!

EDIT: since the board seems to be very particular about web0based image posting, I've provided a link.

Wow! Hopefully they will be able repair that damage when it's all over. I can't imagine flooding that bad!

I saw that stadium photo. That's awful. They are now going through what we did a few weeks ago. I still haven't cleaned up my basement yet. Its too depressing.
smile_h_32.gif
But I do finally have hot water! Next...replacing the boiler...
smile_h_32.gif

hope it goes well PAK

Unbelievable! Year 2004 has been a killer on a few states. This reminds me of the fluds of 1993 with the Mississippi river. Hope for speedy recoveries.

Back