What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone else had their first snow yet?

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Tags
    snow
G

Just wondering if it's snowing elsewhere yet
smile.gif

Wow purpdew thats amazeing! We havent even gone below 44*f yet and I`m already anxiously anticipateing hateing winter. Lol.

winter is evil...

but my skin is such a nice rosey color and my hair looks better. afterall, in summer, moisture IS the enemy for hair..

lol winter is evil.. and we've been freezing almost every night here. Raining during the day, sometimes snowing. And of course the daylight is already down to 12 hours a day from the 20 we had in June. Next thing we know it will be December and only 5 hours of daylight
smile_h_32.gif

Winter in the east coast is fine but in the plains the wind blows very hard driving what snow there is into huge drifts. The winter are is dry and sucks any mousture that you have from you. The slightes wind sends the dry powderd snow (more like 'dehydrated') blowing across the road in rivlets of white. The wind bites like a mad ferret attaking your face and mistaking your nose for a rodent

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Sep. 30 2004,5:43)]nope but its in the forcast here for colorado, or at least "snow showers"
Kyle,
The way it works here in Colorado is you'll wake up to some snow in the morning and here in the mountains I'll wake up to sunshine LOL
biggrin.gif

Now you guys got me missing Buffalo!

We had a hail thunderstorm this morning which turned everything white, but I don't think that counts  
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Alvin Meister @ Oct. 02 2004,9:06)]We had a hail thunderstorm this morning which turned everything white, but I don't think that counts
smile.gif
LOL.. umm.. not quite ;)
Boy the mountains are getting white up here. The termination dust keeps creeping further down every day.
Time to break out the snowshoes for me.. my BF finally got his studded tires on his car.. we're all set
biggrin.gif

jsut got our first snow tonight, i went out and played football in it since i was so exited, seeing that i had not seen any snow in 6 years being from florida

It's been snowing like crazy here.. the hillside has over a foot by now I'm sure.. we got several inches today and it just keeps snowing harder..
Now I remember why we always had to have Halloween Costumes that went well with a snowsuit
smile_n_32.gif

no snow her, only up on the mountian.... I hope it don't now untill end of November.

Of the 4 to 6 inches of snow we were supposed to get, we got a skiff and most of that has melted. So far the temp hasn't gotten above 39°f. And the wind has decided to blow.

I had to turn off my A/C the other night.  It got waaaay down to 66 and I didn't have to ask the bartender for extra ice in my drink at the beach...does that count??? .  
biggrin.gif

Quite a contrast for ya, Kirk! could be worse - you coulda moved to Buffalo!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lauderdale @ Nov. 01 2004,11:10)]I had to turn off my A/C the other night. It got waaaay down to 66 and I didn't have to ask the bartender for extra ice in my drink at the beach...does that count??? .
biggrin.gif
LOL just rub it in why don't ya
smile_n_32.gif

Our high today was a balmy 27F and the low around 10F

well.. so far 6" of snow last night and they expect 10" more to fall tonight.. weather warning in effect, white-out conditions..
The moutain pass received 3' of snow in the past 24hrs..

Shot out my window just before dark at 4:45pm
snow.jpg

And the parking lot this afternoon- if we do get a bit of snow I'll take an after pic tomorrow lol
snow1.jpg

If you mean an accumulating snow, no. But two weeks ago we had a little bit of snow mixed in with rain one day, in NW WI.

Back