What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Update on me keeping you posted.

• Thread starter pond boy
  • Start date
Dr.Follwell isn`t going to see me,and Dr.Fleischer will but he doesn`t want to give me pain meds*cry* I can`t go on like this! Maybe I should just demand that he give me them,but then again I don`t want to come off like a druggy,and I`m rather timid. Grrr.....r.r..rr..r...rt.tr.!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]he doesn`t want to give me pain meds*cry

Why doenst he? he must have a reason

Hi Noah,

Don't these doctors realize how seriously ill you are? It sounds as if they are treating you like the run-of-the-mill patient. With your diet and the pain how could you not have pain medicine? If the problem is physical from the bite how is the therapy going to help you? All this time and still not even one meeting with a shrink? That sounds wrong somehow. Have you exhausted all your medical options?
I just don't understand why the shrink wasn't brought into the hospital and why his treatment hadn't been already started before they just turned you out. Your experience has never made sense to me. It sounds like someone somewhere dropped the ball
Bobby

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't these doctors realize how seriously ill you are?

(sigh) im certain that they do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It sounds as if they are treating you like the run-of-the-mill patient

How would you know you wernt there and all he said is that they wernt giving more pain meds.

And noah i tought you said you were on several pain meds already

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Why doenst he? he must have a reason
Probably because the doctors don't want to get in trouble for overprescribing painkillers.
Out here in Calif. there is a problem with certain doctors overprescribing painkillers, causing the patients to become addicted. Just look at my neighbor who has been having back pain for years and the Drs. just keep giving her pills. She couldn't even open her gifts by herself on Christmas because she was alll messed up on painkillers.
I went through that crap for 8 years trying to get them to fix my back instead of giving me pills.
When I finally had my back surgery they limited the amount of certain painkillers. Then they would switch to something else, until I told them that the new painkillers didn't work.

edit: Please don't bypass the profanity filter

i am? how?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Finch @ Oct. 05 2004,10:29)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Don't these doctors realize how seriously ill you are?

(sigh) im certain that they do.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It sounds as if they are treating you like the run-of-the-mill patient

How would you know you wernt there and all he said is that they wernt giving more pain meds.

And noah i tought you said you were on several pain meds already
No I`m not on any pain meds. I`m on several meds to help prevent the pain but nothing to stop the pain.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (biggun110 @ Oct. 05 2004,10:23)]Hi Noah,

Don't these doctors realize how seriously ill you are? It sounds as if they are treating you like the run-of-the-mill patient. With your diet and the pain how could you not have pain medicine? If the problem is physical from the bite how is the therapy going to help you? All this time and still not even one meeting with a shrink? That sounds wrong somehow. Have you exhausted all your medical options?
I just don't understand why the shrink wasn't brought into the hospital and why his treatment hadn't been already started before they just turned you out. Your experience has never made sense to me. It sounds like someone somewhere dropped the ball
Bobby
The problem is thought to be a conversion disorder from all the stuff that has happened to me in the past year manifesting themselves as a physical condition. I think this is why he is reluctant to give pain meds,although the pain is phisical thats for sure! Yep no meeting with the shrink*sigh* .

Yup, they must be frightened of giving up too much painkillers. I've busted up my lower back quite badly and already had a week off from work but a doctor I went to only prescribed another week off work on a heating pad and double doses of Advil... I would have liked some real painkillers cos I can barely walk but he didn't even mention 'em. First time I'd been to the doctor in 16 years (I'd never go but the pain was enormous this time) it was a total waste of time and money and my back is still killing me!

And, how are have you been doing lately?

Maybe you can sue the doctor for malpractice, and get yourself a real one. The one you are describing kinda sounds like a witch doctor. You really should se a shrink though, if it is conversion disorder, that can really help. If it isn't, well, then you're in more trouble.

Conversion disorder is a tricky one, because the cause may be psychological in origin, but the effects are VERY real and physical. It's amazing how much power the brain has over the body.

Noah, keep your head up and keep on going. Conversion disorder has one good thing; it often clears up spontaneously on it's own. Just make sure you keep a positive attitude about it and things in general. You'll come out of this whole ordeal strong enough to take on anything!

Capslock

Back