Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol
    Hello Hello Hello

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its not about being 15...hes just stating facts, correcting other peoples mistakes, i see alot of people just talk, saying things that have no truth to it..so hes not trying to convince u, hes just telling you the truth. or maybe your mad cause hes right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks fredo. all i gave where facts up until the xbox live statement... which wasn't addressed to you anyway.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 10 2004,2:40)]1.8 million pre-orders (new record) and 100 million dollars made on the first day beg to differ fygee.
    Daikatana sold really well when it first came out due to all the hype it had as well, and look where that ended up. Doom 3 is also the greatest selling PC FPS game, and while the graphics are spectacular, many (myself included) find the gameplay to be miserably boring.

Of course, not to say that Halo 2 sucks as much as Daikatana does, but sales are hardly indicators of overall game quality.

The graphics are good, but that's not my primary method of judgement. The gameplay is better, but it still just doesn't feel right to me. The weapons are also still rather boring, Master Chief still runs rather slow and jumps way too "floaty", the enemies are more cheap than smart, the levels still have that "cut and paste" feel to them (though not nearly as much as the first did). Co-op campaign play is fun, but the multiplayer is still nowhere near the quality of UT 2004 IMO.

In other words, good, but very overrated.
    Some random words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] (Fygee @ Nov. 11 2004,10:40)]
    Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 10 2004,2:40)]1.8 million pre-orders (new record) and 100 million dollars made on the first day beg to differ fygee.
    Daikatana sold really well when it first came out due to all the hype it had as well, and look where that ended up. Doom 3 is also the greatest selling PC FPS game, and while the graphics are spectacular, many (myself included) find the gameplay to be miserably boring.

Of course, not to say that Halo 2 sucks as much as Daikatana does, but sales are hardly indicators of overall game quality.

The graphics are good, but that's not my primary method of judgement. The gameplay is better, but it still just doesn't feel right to me. The weapons are also still rather boring, Master Chief still runs rather slow and jumps way too "floaty", the enemies are more cheap than smart, the levels still have that "cut and paste" feel to them (though not nearly as much as the first did). Co-op campaign play is fun, but the multiplayer is still nowhere near the quality of UT 2004 IMO.

In other words, good, but very overrated.
    to you, at least.

I think it was well worth the hype. The large number of pre-orders and the first day sales can not for the most part be "hype". No game can be "hyped" up so much as to it selling THAT much, it's not logical. The first Halo was awesome, Halo 2 - even better. Guess we just have to wait and see if the sales hold up. ... a few weeks from now pop into a few game stores and ask if they have Halo 2... my bet is they still won't.

lol your comparing daikatana to halo2?
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I was trying to say that huge sales do not necessarily indicate high quality. Also, like I already said, I'm not trying to compare the quality of Daikatana to Halo 2, I'm just used that as an example for what I was stating above.

At any rate, if you really enjoy Halo 2, then good for you. I personally just don't find it all that impressive when I have, IMO, far superior games like UT 2004 to entertain me. Ultimately, its just a matter of preference.
    Some random words.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UT 2004 is aa good game too! i love it, i cant get enough, not to mention the UNREAL line of gaming is PC and XBOX only

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone here playing Halo 2 on xbox live? Feel free to add me (brokenwatch). I added Amateur_Expert, but he hasn't been online for over a week.