What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halo 2

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Oct. 08 2004,7:26)]if you wanna get into future consoles, xbox next will take the cake. The xbox next will have 3 mac G4 processors. PS3's cell won't be able to compete with that, Microsoft is making sure that Xbox Next will be many times more powerful than PS3. It is rumored that xbox next will use blue-ray discs, which can hold many gigabytes of storege (hundreds). Blue lasers are more precise than the traditional red lasers, making it possible to store more data in the disc.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Three IBM-designed 64-bit microprocessors. The combined power of these chips means the Xbox Next will have more computing power than most personal computers. Earlier versions of these PowerPC chips are used in Apple Computer's high-end G5 PowerMac machines now.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The machine also will have about 256 megabytes of dynamic random access memory. But Microsoft will upgrade that to 512 megabytes if Sony puts in more. The previous Xbox had 64 megabytes. And lastly, it isn't clear if Microsoft will include the current DVD video technology or Blu-Ray, its successor. Blu-Ray will hold much more data, but it's unclear when it will be ready for market.
Will you please stop insisting that xbox is better?
The majority of people here like PS2 a lot more, and there is no point in saying that Xbox is better all the time.
Fine, you have made your opnion in a couple of posts, you like Xbox better, but it doesnt mean we do.
You ahve made our opinon clear in a few posts, so why do you keep picking on people who say good things about PS2?
confused.gif

and getting into arguments wont make anyone think highly of you(or me) for it.
smile_h_32.gif

I think cabin fever is setting in. Winter is around the corner and ppl are getting cranky.
smile_n_32.gif

iagree i should relax and stop arguing.

ok (brethe)

ok, starting to get fed up with people insisting i am trying to argue, i'm not, im replying to someones post. first of all, dino you don't know what your talking about, so what, i can't reply to someones post? im not arguing, im just posting. The post makes you look like an idiot, because everything you quoted was a fact. where do you see an opinion in there? Those quotes where from an article i read.

yeah, since when is there a crime in backing up your statments? if you couldent do that, there wouldent be much use for lawyers would there?

or for replying to someones posts for that matter...

Wow that xbox next sounds awesome! Will it be backward compatible? Ie play xbox games?

Yeah of course, and another downside to the PS3 is that it might not play PS1 OR PS2 games. I don't know what sony is thinking

I have heard that you can burn the games on to the hard drive of an x-box, is that true?

I really doubt that. Sony isn't that stupid.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Oct. 08 2004,4:06)]Yeah of course, and another downside to the PS3 is that it might not play PS1 OR PS2 games. I don't know what sony is thinking
Realy? That is extremley odd you think they would keep the trend going? Personaley I look for backward compatability. Like with the Gba it plays the old black and white gb games as well as gbc and of course gba games,and the Nds will play all of these and the better then N64 graphics games! All in a ortable package that has two screens one of wich is touch screen. And it will come with chat,and the graphics are incredible for a hand held! The metroid game looks particularily cool! If only Microsoft would make a handheld xbox type thing then WOW! maybe you could play Xbox graphiced games in a few years:O

I sure hope that if\when nintendo makes there new console it will be backward compatible with the gc.

Why don`t all of us game crazed people talk over here? omnigameing And it`s Shining Levi`s very own game forum:)

no actually it is official, sony will not be able to playback games, it was on techtv for those who know what that it.. it really sucks, and its kinda dumb to be honest, but it will resell the old ps2 games for cheap in ps3 format..oh by the way, sony has microsoft making the ps3 for them...isent that ironic?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Travis @ Oct. 08 2004,4:10)]I have heard that you can burn the games on to the hard drive of an x-box, is that true?
You can with psone onto a normal 10cent cd-r if you equip it with a mod chip. But I think microsoft would be smarter then to make it that easy to pirate there games.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I have heard that you can burn the games on to the hard drive of an x-box, is that true?

yes its true, my friend has his xbox fixed, he can download games onto his hard-drive instead of burning them onto a CD, and he plays it from there, and you can turn your xbox into a CD burner and if your a very good hacker, a fully equipted computer!

pondboy, the games are on dvd and you wouldn't be able to burn then on cd, too much data. microsoft did try to make it unhackable.. but they failed. you can mod it easily, and there is a place online that sells them "premoded" with different style cases, 250 gigabyte hard drives, and including the mod software which lets you save full games onto your huge hard drive. So basically you can go to blockbuster, load the game onto your hard drive, and you've got the game!

I think that will be a very bad decision by sony. Many PS fans will be incredibly disappointed, and won't be interested in REBUYING games they already have.

yup or download it from the internet, it has a cable modem thing in the back

Back