What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halo 2

Realy with psone? Yes that is ironic with Sony! I think sony is a very good audio produceing company though. I want an atrac3 player!

oh, i was talking about xbox. i'm sure you can do that with PS1 games. I have an atrac3 player
smile_n_32.gif

I want the one with the fm\am\wb\tv player too. How do you like your`s AE?

Exactly the one i have. Plays all atrac types up to atrac 3, fm, am, tv broadcasts, and some other stuff there.

Ok, as a maker of video games, I have to weigh in on this issue. First, the discussion here has mostly been about who has the best hardware. In many respects, the X-Box has the best. You can see it clearly when you look at the same game side by side on PS2 and XBox.

But hardware is just part of the issue. The fact is that Sony has a much larger game library than Microsoft, and in the end it's the game that matters more than the box. Whatever new systems are coming out (and they are always better and faster than the last ones), you should buy the one that has the GAMES you like, not the one that has the slickest graphics. Once you're truly imersed into a game, the differences between the boxes aren't that important.

Capslock

How is the anti shock mechanism on that? I mean can you put it in your car and still get shock free sound? Does it realy record 490 songs to one disk,and if so are they of high digital quality. Or should I go with burning to a higher quality level? Does the player remember your playlists?

Ditto to that capslock. I didn`t get the xbox because it doesn`t have the games I wanted. Or so I thought,but still I would miss the Nintendo only games,but I would be able to get "dangerous hunts" that looks so cool! How is the xbox`s line of extreme sports games?

And can atrac files be put on an xbox?(just a weird question) On a scale of 1-10 how would you rate the atrac3 player?

No idea on that, pond boy. We make PC games mostly, so I don't keep up with all the console or MP3 player developments. After 10 years in the industry, it's just too much to keep up with!

Capslock

That sounds like a real cool job Caps! So do you design the games and there story lines,or build the charecters or what?

Noah,
I started out making the backgrounds; the buildings, landscapes, etc. Then when our company grew, I was mostly in game design and management. Now, we've started a new company, and I'm back making game art again, since we're pretty small. Our company is Flagship Studios (www.flagshipstudios.com). It's a great business to get in to!

Capslock

Graphics are one of the main aspects of video games, PS2 has more games yeah but its not like xbox doesn't have good games. Xbox just started out, in the beginning the games weren't too good, but the past year the games it's been putting out have been amazing, with the good graphics to boot, and now the real test - the release of the sequel to the Xbox and the PS3. I see Sony's Playstation line crashing.. hard. I think its a huge mistake that you won't be able to play PS1 or PS2 games on the PS3. It will be just like the Xbox coming out, it has no ground to stand on, meanwhile the Xbox will still be able to play the original Xbox's titles. The Xbox was able to endure that test, i doubt the PS3 would.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I see Sony's Playstation line crashing.. hard.

As hard as Sega you think (man, how they just CRASHED, eh?)?
Maybe hard in America but maybe not in Japan. Who knows? I know the X Box is doing rather well in Japan, but I think there are too maniacs over there to let the PS line crash as badly as some of us may think. When you look at X Box and its games, it's obvious that it's American, and therefore attracts a different audience. It's all a cultural and personal preference in my opinion. Either way, as much as I enjoy the occasional video game, whether I prefer this or that platform is irrelevant in the world we live in today. I find we indulge excessively on the unnecessary things in our "civilised" lifestyles. I'm thankful enough that I have a roof over my head, food and water, and a place in university.

Amori

Let's just keep discusing games because I think thats the comment to end all Xbox vs. PS2 fights in this thread.

Just something to remember.

Games make consoles popular and successful, not vice versa. The SEGA CD and 32X, TurboGraphix, the first three years of the Neo-Geo, Atari Jaguar, N64 (to a degree), PS2's launch period, and the first two years of X-Box life are proof of it.

Aesthetic graphical quality will always win out over technical graphical quality. Stuff that's uber high res but uncreative and uninspired will never win out on something that has creative flair and quality. The whole attitude of "uber graphics or nothing" is a major thorn in the side of gaming development, and is turning everyone into a bunch of graphics nice gals who don't care about gameplay nearly as much as they should.

In other words, quality will always win out over specs, which is why I could honestly care less about what new uber technology the next-gen consoles will have. Well...its not that I don't care actually, its just that it has no bearing on whether or not I'll get them.

By the way, the PSP will retail for $349.00. If that's not proof that Sony's on some low-grade crack, I don't know what is. ;)

I totally get you, and thats what im saying too. Quality will always win over graphics, but the Xbox has quality AND graphics, just not the extremely large library of games PS2 has (and will soon lose with the release of PS3).
The price isn't official yet, i saw on TechTV that it will retail for AROUND $149.99-$349.99. Price has to do with demand, not with core components, if that where the case, when the Xbox came out, it should of retailed for at least $800.

It was just announced that Halo 2 is officially complete, and that its scheduled release date still stands.
biggrin.gif
Boy am i glad i pre-ordered.
smile_n_32.gif

Does anyone else find it rather sad that Halo 2 is coming out before Half Life 2? If someone told me that a year ago, I'd be laughing in their faces. Color me ferklempt.
smile_n_32.gif

By the way...

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/bioshock/preview_6110044.html

I do believe I need a change of undergarments. I've been waiting a solid 5 years for an announcement like that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Oct. 08 2004,4:49)]ok, starting to get fed up with people insisting i am trying to argue, i'm not, im replying to someones post. first of all, dino you don't know what your talking about, so what, i can't reply to someones post? im not arguing, im just posting. The post makes you look like an idiot, because everything you quoted was a fact. where do you see an opinion in there? Those quotes where from an article i read.
Yeah but, whenever soemone writes soemthign good about PS2/3, you instantly jump in and insist xbox is better.
Why can you not simply accept that the majority here like PS2 better?
confused.gif

No matter how good xbox gets, we will still like PS2/3 better, and it will still be more popular.

uh starman, your kinda late, we are actually having a convo about games, you still want to argue? just stop, seriously..its getting boring..

Back