What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halo 2

THIS GAME OWNS!!!
i play it on X Box live at my friends house, and it owns!!!!
Edit:Whoops sorry, Spoiler
also, i love double weps, esp covenent weps, like needlers, and plasma rifles, and the best wep, the covenent sword, 1 HIT KO!!!(what were they thinking when they made that piece? not that i care, i love it ^^ killtacular!!!)
also, can you say wraith? I can!!! and ya know what else, i can drive em now 2 ^^ also, mounting the vehicles and knocking off other riders PWNS!!!
a dislike about it is some of the melees, they are pretty weak looking... other than that, i think this is the GAME OF THE YEAR AND IS A MUST HAVE!!!
i dont even have X Box and im getting it, lol so if someone dont have it, we can still play ^^
Just my opinion (and i tell no lies)
Hellz
PS GET THIS GAME WETHER YOU HAVE X BOX OR NOT!!!

@shokuchuu
Hasn't changed much? lol I won't go into it. The graphics are amazingly redone, and no weapon is the same (some may be the same but look different and have different effects compared to the first halo). Even if he was refering to the gameplay and the graphics, i think it was all it was advertized correctly. People allowed this game to break a few records because they saw the first Halo was amazing so they thought this one would be better, and it didn't disappoint. BTW if you played it before November 8th in ANY store it wasn't a real copy. Stores received the game on Nov. 8th (microsoft wasn't taking any chances). It was crazy in times square here in nyc... there was a huge line and it is gonna be pretty hard to get Halo 2 for a few weeks if you didn't get it the first day.
Xbox Live rules!!!!!!!!!!! I spent about 8 hours of today (yeah yeah...) playing Halo2. Made tons of new friends and owned in the ratings.

i still havent got it..:( jesus, i went to A_E's house to see it, incredible...

Are you a body guard for the HALO series A_E? I didn't say I didn't like it, I just said I was a little disppointed (X Box isn't exactly my cup of tea). MY OPINION. Do you always try and make people agree with everything you believe? Enjoy the game for your own sake, not defend it as if you made it yourself. Then again you're 15, smack bam in the gaming phase.
smile.gif
I was there once too...

its not about being 15...hes just stating facts, correcting other peoples mistakes, i see alot of people just talk, saying things that have no truth to it..so hes not trying to convince u, hes just telling you the truth. or maybe your mad cause hes right?

thanks fredo. all i gave where facts up until the xbox live statement... which wasn't addressed to you anyway.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 10 2004,2:40)]1.8 million pre-orders (new record) and 100 million dollars made on the first day beg to differ fygee.
Daikatana sold really well when it first came out due to all the hype it had as well, and look where that ended up. ;) Doom 3 is also the greatest selling PC FPS game, and while the graphics are spectacular, many (myself included) find the gameplay to be miserably boring.

Of course, not to say that Halo 2 sucks as much as Daikatana does, but sales are hardly indicators of overall game quality.

The graphics are good, but that's not my primary method of judgement. The gameplay is better, but it still just doesn't feel right to me. The weapons are also still rather boring, Master Chief still runs rather slow and jumps way too "floaty", the enemies are more cheap than smart, the levels still have that "cut and paste" feel to them (though not nearly as much as the first did). Co-op campaign play is fun, but the multiplayer is still nowhere near the quality of UT 2004 IMO.

In other words, good, but very overrated.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Fygee @ Nov. 11 2004,10:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Amateur_Expert @ Nov. 10 2004,2:40)]1.8 million pre-orders (new record) and 100 million dollars made on the first day beg to differ fygee.
Daikatana sold really well when it first came out due to all the hype it had as well, and look where that ended up. ;) Doom 3 is also the greatest selling PC FPS game, and while the graphics are spectacular, many (myself included) find the gameplay to be miserably boring.

Of course, not to say that Halo 2 sucks as much as Daikatana does, but sales are hardly indicators of overall game quality.

The graphics are good, but that's not my primary method of judgement. The gameplay is better, but it still just doesn't feel right to me. The weapons are also still rather boring, Master Chief still runs rather slow and jumps way too "floaty", the enemies are more cheap than smart, the levels still have that "cut and paste" feel to them (though not nearly as much as the first did). Co-op campaign play is fun, but the multiplayer is still nowhere near the quality of UT 2004 IMO.

In other words, good, but very overrated.
to you, at least.

I think it was well worth the hype. The large number of pre-orders and the first day sales can not for the most part be "hype". No game can be "hyped" up so much as to it selling THAT much, it's not logical. The first Halo was awesome, Halo 2 - even better. Guess we just have to wait and see if the sales hold up.
confused.gif
... a few weeks from now pop into a few game stores and ask if they have Halo 2... my bet is they still won't.

lol your comparing daikatana to halo2?

Well, I was trying to say that huge sales do not necessarily indicate high quality. Also, like I already said, I'm not trying to compare the quality of Daikatana to Halo 2, I'm just used that as an example for what I was stating above.

At any rate, if you really enjoy Halo 2, then good for you. I personally just don't find it all that impressive when I have, IMO, far superior games like UT 2004 to entertain me. Ultimately, its just a matter of preference.

UT 2004 is aa good game too! i love it, i cant get enough, not to mention the UNREAL line of gaming is PC and XBOX only
smile_m_32.gif

Anyone here playing Halo 2 on xbox live? Feel free to add me (brokenwatch). I added Amateur_Expert, but he hasn't been online for over a week.

yeah my xbox broke down, i'll be online friday afternoon when altrade brings his xbox to my house. Try to be online.

i took on 3 different teams, 8 people in total. Game was 50 kills. I was on my own team and i beat all of them. 50 to 32. All i need is that sword.

Half Life 2 is out now. So far the single player is on par with the first in terms of gameplay, nothing really new. The graphics, however, are quite amazing.

I'd like to try the multiplayer out, but Steam is being thoroughly retarded and preventing me from registering properly.

I.HATE.STEAM.

Halo 2 is overrated, it's just a game people, don't let it take over your lives.

I don't think it's overrated. It's very fun, and enjoying it does not mean it is taking over your life.

On that note, I have been Half Life 2, and it's a great bit of fun, too. The single player game is great so far, even though I have just started (not a lot of time because of work/schoolwork). I don't like CS so I am not really into the multiplayer, but it's a lot of fun and looks great at 1600x1200.
smile.gif

Pat

You dont like CS!Whats wrong with you!LOL.
biggrin.gif

Jerry

Wow.......Halo 2 is defintitly up there with my favorite games of all time. My friend bought it and we have been playing it so much lately. Lots of 3 o'clock or later bed times, with class starting at 9:00. In the dorms we can play over the LAN with other dorms on campus, so we often have 10 people or more and have had 16 people playing. That's pretty crazy. Fun game! And no, it's not over-rated
biggrin.gif

Back