What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The hole in the ozone!

Thank you Finch.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]ummm... what do you mean by that?
evolution IS credible not because of faith, but because there's proof.
there's no way all the fossil species and today's species could have ever shared the world at the same time.... and you can see that mutations do exist, you can see natural selection is going on, etc...

Yes, there is "proof" but there is also "proof" for creationism. Most all evolutionists say that it took many millions of years to from the layers of the Grand Canyon. Creationists say that a world wide flood did it(it may or not be, but there are "miths" about a worldwide flood found in ruins of ancient cities world wide.) Creationism has a better foothold because of the explosion of Mount St. Helens when she blew her top. I the matter of hours a few thousand layers of soot and ash were formed. There is no way to PROVE that it took millions of years to form the Grand Canyon because we were not able to watch its formation. Though I can't think of any off the top of my head creationism also has a few flaws. I learned all this in my CHRISTIAN science book. Yes, it says the creationism has flaws. They BOTH have flaws, and like I said, it is a matter of faith/belief.

*pauses fom his bored task of fileing oat germs picked out of his birdseed mix to a powder with a nail file*

Alphawold, sience is about discovering the unknown

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Most all evolutionists say that it took many millions of years to from the layers of the Grand Canyon.

Dude, thats Geology

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]well... religion and science clash because religion isn't scientific. now, do we all agree on that?
science is about proof. If you want to have a religion or something, ok, that's fine.... but there's no scientific proof of any religion. you can prove things (like floods or something) that the bible or koran or something says, but you can't prove that there is a god or that he went around telling people to write down things.
If you start believing something that can't possibly be proven, that's not science.

Science IS NOT proof. It uses the scientific method to show stuff. First the scientist makes an obsevation, he then forms an educated guess to explain the observation. He then forms experiments to test the hypothesis(educated guess). If the data from the experiment is consitent it thus becomes a theory. After many generations of consistent data testing the theory becomes a law. Now with that in mind, we must think of humans, I am assuming that everyone here knows we aren't perfect, we lie, cheat, steal, etc. That means that we cannot design the "perfect" experiment. So if the experiment isn't perfect, the data that "proves" something may also be flawed, which thus make the "proof" uncredible.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Most all evolutionists say that it took many millions of years to from the layers of the Grand Canyon.

Dude, thats Geology

It was just an example.

Thsi is sorta random(ok it's alot random!LOL) But ChronoKiento, I like your avatar....*i'm so weird...*

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yes, there is "proof" but there is also "proof" for creationism. Most all evolutionists say that it took many millions of years to from the layers of the Grand Canyon
what proof is there of creationism? a book? that... (PM me :p)
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Creationists say that a world wide flood did it(it may or not be, but there are "miths" about a worldwide flood found in ruins of ancient cities world wide.)
and there's no proof of that flood. there's not a shred of evidence that that flood has ever happened or that it could even happen.
there's penty of proof that a river has done that.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Science IS NOT proof. It uses the scientific method to show stuff.
it's as close as you can GET to proof.
if you think about it, you can't really prove ANYTHING. how can you even prove that other people exist? you could just be a stored memory of someone being re-played by some other being. maybe you lived millions of years ago and now only exist as a program.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] (PM me :p)

sad-smiley-032.gif

that is not a good singh

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]and there's no proof of that flood. there's not a shred of evidence that that flood has ever happened or that it could even happen.

Uh...
Black Sea slowly gives up ancient secrets
"Expedition delves into theories about biblical flood"

On Msnbc.com.

and Wesly geolygy is known and happening. In spans as short as 2 days things change dramaticly from floods depositing sedements new, and fosilize ocean ripples in the rock under the grand canyon, and flash floods gouging out new gullys

Exactly, so science is not proof, so now that we have fixed that problem we will move on. You can't prove the flood happen, bet there is evidence, enormous fossil grave yards found in sediments(I can't remeber of the one that I'm thinking of). It is really hard to explain so many species of plants and animals in place with evolution cause it doesn't support "fast" actions. The added sediments from water, doesn't help evolution either.

I'd just tell you why I don't believe that what the bible says is true... I don't know much about the koran and other holy books... I was raised as a catholic and went to a catholic school so I do have some background on the bible... not saying I know a lot of it because I don't, but I know more than the koran and others.

Did you read my link ether of you?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You can't prove the flood happen, bet there is evidence, enormous fossil grave yards found in sediments(I can't remeber of the one that I'm thinking of). It is really hard to explain so many species of plants and animals in place with evolution cause it doesn't support "fast" actions. The added sediments from water, doesn't help evolution either.
fast actions as in how fast organisms evolve... not how fast things can happen...
huh? what are you talking about? there have been landslides, volcanoes, swamps, etc...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]It is really hard to explain so many species of plants and animals in place with evolution cause it doesn't support "fast" actions

Thats the old version of the theory.

Check this out too

Scientists dredge up sleeping dinosaurFossil found in China,
curled up in a birdlike pose

Also on Msnbc.com, a joint venture between msn (the internet provider) and Nbc (the news station)

umm... finch, I don't get the point of your article. (the first one)
the great flood was supposed to involve a huge flood of the earth that killed every human on earth that was bad. it's impossible for the whole entire earth to be covered at once and for a man to build a boat big enough to carry two individuals of every species.
but ofcourse, if you're religious, any impossibilities that are in that story can be washed away by three simple words... "leap of faith". it's like grandma's nightshirt, it covers everything LOL! I love saying that...

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Exactly, so science is not proof
and I don't think you could say that really...
otherwise nothing is proof so the word proof means nothing...
we need a definition of proof:
: the cogency of evidence that compels acceptance by the mind of a truth or a fact b : the process or an instance of establishing the validity of a statement especially by derivation from other statements in accordance with principles of reasoning
(m-w.com)

we went from ozone to evolution?
confused.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Patch @ Oct. 15 2004,1:46)]we went from ozone to evolution?  
confused.gif
That'll happen. You should see my War on squirrels thread. We covered about every topic you could imagine in it.

Errrrrrrr, why is Science being mixed with religion here?
confused.gif

Religion has NOTHING TO DO with Scicence, religion is a BELIEF.
And who says religion proves ANYTHING?
confused.gif

Do you have PROOF that Adama and Eve existed?
Do you have PROOF about the Noahs ark story?
confused.gif

And if you ask me, Science proves a LOT more the religion.
Because scientists find EVIDENCE of things, and htye do experiments to try and prove things.

But in religion, all you have is stories and beliefs written down in a book.

And dont get me wrong here, I was raised as a Christian and went to a Christian kindergarten, but I am Christian no more.

religion only exist for one purpose in my opinion, to give the hopeless hope.

Back