What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daphnia

G

A long time ago someone posted a good source for Daphnia.. and I can't seem to find it again. I'm pretty sure Carolina isn't the one I'm thinking of (I can't even find Daphnia on their web page anymore). Anyone have any other sources?
Thanks
smile.gif

-Bonnie

Hehe.. um.. I'm in Alaska.. and most of our ponds, lakes etc are so cold right now not much of anything is swimming around. Soon they'll be frozen over with several feet of ice. So I think I'll have to stick to mail order for now ;)
Thanks though
smile.gif

oh that's right :p
but you can culture them... I used to but then I put an aquatic utric in their jar (thinking I could get some more daphnia... but with the rains and cool temps I haven't gone out much) and ate them all up
biggrin.gif

well thats what I'd like to use them for .. Utric food.. but all I can find localy are those little "triops" kits at walmart. None of our local pet store carry daphnia

Hey you live in Alaska??? Wann tarde? i could go for some salmon fishing!!

MMM... carefull of spiny water flea, a invasive reletive of the daphnia. I dont think most fish and carnivorus plants could 'get them down'

I think that if it entered in the right way, utrics COULD eat 'em.

Back