What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hooooolllyyyy .........moley!

there is only one species I would love to see go extict..humans.
I have said this before, but if humans went extinct today it would be the greatest thing that ever happened to life on earth!
thats the best way to solve all of the planet's environmental problems..just knock humans off!
Nature will likely it do it soon enough naturally..
good riddance..
then a new species will probably eventually develope the same level of intellegence we had..but maybe with all the evidence they will find in the fossil record of what a mess we made, maybe they will do a much better job!
we are a tiny blip in the history of life on this planet..
I just hope we get knocked out soon enough that we dont do TOO much damage, and life can go ond and keep evolving after we are gone..

perhaps someday, millions of years in the future, our skeletons will be reconstructed in museums, and fossils of our cars and skyscrapers will be reconstructed..and new intelligent lifeforms will walk through the museums and read little plaques about what a short-lived but destructive little species we were..and they will laugh at our arrogance!
that will be cool!
biggrin.gif

Scot

to see how vunerable some of these speces are t human disturbance, lets look at the Stephens Island Wren, Traversia lyalli

" lying between the cook straight Between the North and South island sof new Zeland, Rising 1000 ft above sea level, its a rocky peice of land. Size: 2.6 Km (1 sq mile)

There are prehaps three aspects that make the Stephens Island Wren, Traversia lyalli particularly notable. First, it may have had the smallest hatural range of any bird species; second, it may have been the only Passerine (perching bird) truly incapeable of flight. Third; the manner of its finding and subsiquent extinction was quite remarkable- It was both discoverd and exterminated by a single animal- a lighthouse keepers cat. This single feline brought some tiny birds home that proved to be a hithro undescribed species. After awhile, the supply of small creatures failed- at any rate the cat ceaced to deliver its tiny victims to the lighthouse keepers hands. Aince no further examples have ever been seen or taken, it is assumed that 'Tibbles' destroyed the entire population very shorthy after discovering it"- Errol Fuller

Ivory billed woodpecker is under the catigory 'probbably extinct' and as i said before, this catigory is not listed

Plus i have not listed any virds from the afro-europena- indonesian area

LOL scotty!
I have a feeling that this thread will turn into an evolution debate...
oh that's right finch... I forgot it wasn't officially extinct yet. hopefully there are still some out there.

and all you've listed is birds. and many many many species of birds and other organisms are going extinct every single day because of humans.

yep

Back