What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bog tray part ii

i had to expand my collection recently. All sarrs are in one tray, all droseras are in the other with the vft.
bog%20tray%20expansion1rs.JPG

I just got this about a week ago.
D.%20aliciae1rs.JPG

This one too.
D.%20spatulata1rs.JPG

My capensis is really happy catching the whiteflys that infested one of my other non CP plants.
D.%20capensis1rs.JPG

Enjoy.....

Nice little collection you have there. Good looking plants.

good sizes too

Nice plants. What Sar is that next to your Purp?

I agree very nice plants:) I realy like your Sarrs.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Nice plants. What Sar is that next to your Purp?
I assume you're talking about the sarr to the right of the purp.
I was told it is a cobra's nest, purp x (rubra x flava)??? something like that. I don't think anyone knows what the ancestry really is.

Very nice! Do I see a S. oreophylla in there??

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] Do I see a S. oreophylla in there??
No, I wish I had one though. That one has been elusive. Another I would like to add is s. leuco "schnell's ghost".
I have this other sarr hybrid that I rescued from the supermarket a while back. You can't see it in the tray pics.
purp%20hybrid%20plant%20rs.JPG

When I got it it looked like it might not make it. The soil was hard as a rock and bone dry. Then when I started watering it and put it in the tray, the bottom of the pitchers was rotting. I repotted it with the top of the rhizome exposed. It is doing much better now. Lots of new shoots coming up.

Beautiful plants and a wonderful set up. Thank you for giving me ideas. I wasn't thinking along the lines of individual pots placed in one basin. Thank you for posting your photos.

We had a storm blow through here for 3 days. I came home from work on the 2nd day of hard rain to find some of the smaller pots floating!
i got my dremel tool out and drilled 6 holes on each side about 1 1/2 inches from the bottom. Now if it rains like that again the water level only gets as high as the holes
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Back