What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A sound of thunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Spectabilis73 @ Oct. 18 2004,5:22)]sure its based on evolution but its still pretty good... And alphawolf you make this a thread debating about evolution and ill scream
What's wrong with that... evolution is real.

I would see that movie, but the CG seems pretty bad and Ben Kingsley's wig frightens me

Science is the only thing i'll belive. You would think that people would base their opinions on knowledge, not faith in religion, which has the most proof. I think arguing against evolution, when your motive is to prove religion is right and evolution is wrong, isn't logical. Based on facts.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And alphawolf you make this a thread debating about evolution and ill scream
lol :p
drumroll.... (what will I say? will I start another of those HUGE debates? oh the anticipation!)

and I'm all the way with AE. I ain't gonna believe no book like that. (written LONG ago, chosen by a bunch of people from many many books, that can be interpreted in who knows how many ways, that offers no proof, etc... why should I believe one book over another? they all say different things and have many people supporting them. just because I went to a catholic school? I don't blindly follow anyone. Ask anyone that knows me really well and they'll tell you that.)
and of course you can have a religion and believe in science. after all, you just need the three magic words and NOTHING ANYONE can EVER say will change your opinion on ANYTHING. those three little words are like grandma's nightshirt. they cover everything. what are those three magic words? "leap of faith". sure, scientifically, noah's story could never have happened (especially if you don't believe in evolution) but you just need three little words...
and if god is omnipotent, then he could have just changed the world so that our laws don't apply and ta-da! I mean... god can do anything right? well I've got no clue why he would make poor noah do all that if god can just think about doing something and it's done... but hey, "leap of faith" right?
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]One would be hard pressed to find a legitimate scientist today who does not believe in evolution.
yup.

speechless-smiley-002.gif

everyone be real quiet an just let this thred sink down into oblivion
speechless-smiley-007.gif

I would, however like to say that i have no problem with religion. Had no problem, that is untill one of my fathers ultrareligeous freind from work came over and became convinced that i was a manifestation of the devil. No they didnt say it directly, yes it was disconserning, and, no, i do not wish to elaborate.

Alpha, why cant you respect one of my requests? I DID NOT WANT YOU TO HIJACK IT, I WANTED TO KEEP IT ON TOPIC. THAT IS WHY I ASKED YOU NOT TO TURN IT INTO A EVOLUTION THREAD. WHAT THE HECK MAN
mad.gif

Bradbury's A Sound of Thunder has nothing to do with evolution.  It's chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back