What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's with the snow?

I'm up in Lake Tahoe while my house is being remodelled back in San Francisco. The first few days it was great; 70's in the day and cool nights. Suddenly, storm. It's snowing like crazy! In October!

Here's what it looked like in my back yard about 4:00. It's snowed a LOT since then.
Tahoe_october_19_snow.sized.jpg

Capslock

Well Back here in the bay we been getting a lot of rain. My highland plants must be happy out side =P. Tho this morning at 6:30 when I woke up for school it was as black as night still. Urg... Many long streches of pure mud to walk through too. >_<

We had our first snow Sept 24th.. we only got about 4" though

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We had our first snow Sept 24th

This may be the reason that there are so few people who actually live in AK. Snow in September. Blah.
smile_n_32.gif

Hey now
smile_n_32.gif
lol no, actually there are plenty of resons not to live in Alaska.. serious safety reasons.. especialy if you're female

And snow isn't one of them ;)

How beautiful! I love snow! Not quite ready for any here yet, but once it gets really cold then I'll be wishing for snow.

Lovely photo Capslock.
smile.gif

You could live in Buffalo, Rochester, Oswego, or Syracuse. My poison was Buffalo, City of the Blizzard of '77!

I wouldn't mind living in Oswego. hehe
cool.gif

Or Valdez, AK where the average snowfall is 300" annualy ;)

wow that's awsome! I can't wait till it snows
biggrin.gif

it was awsome last year. it started snowing the exact time we left school! it was amazing
biggrin.gif
light snow... didn't even accumulate.... but it was very symbolic
biggrin.gif

300"
smile_k_ani_32.gif
 wow, well i cant wait till tommorow we're expecting around an inch, yay! even though im from florida, I love snow

I'm from mexico (and a desert area at that) so I REALLY love snow
biggrin.gif

the first year that snowed I was out there so long my fingers were purple and when I took a bath it burned like crazy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PlantAKiss @ Oct. 21 2004,5:58)]I wouldn't mind living in Oswego. hehe
cool.gif
And give up your naturally near-perfect CP conditions? We MUST be thinking of the same Oswegans! Hey, nearby Watertown once had 48" of snow in one day. I believe it was in '77.

Back