What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Autumn in new york!

• Thread starter schloaty
  • Start date

schloaty

Staff member
100_0235.JPG

100_0248.JPG

100_0249.JPG

100_0250.JPG

Its bthe same story here.
All the leaves on trees are going yellow red and orange.

i miss color.
im in the desert.

no color change here
smile_h_32.gif

really no season either.
you got summer and then winter.
no middle..

smile_h_32.gif

gosh i love those tree colors.

man you beat me to it, i was up in wallkill and i took some awesome pictures. I'll post them up as soon as i scan the film.

Hey man, you're making miss Plattsburgh, Albany, Long Island, and Buffalo! Beautiful pics!

Looks like some of the trees are looking here:)(thats why my mom moved here rminded her of upstate NY)

wow all the trees turn here is a dull brown/dirty yellow

driving upstate to wallkill was amazing, virtually all the trees where different bright colors. it was great.

Those are some nice pics, Dave, I like that first one, especially.  Nice compostion, form, color.  Our maples are definitely one of New York's attributes.  
Now, anyone have any pics of the aspens turning gold in the Rockies?  I have only seen that once & that was awesome.  
biggrin.gif

Hmm...and here maples are one of our worst enemys as far as forestry goes. I mean they rob the native trees and other plants from light and such. Personaley I like the maples in our back yard by the dry creek bed...especialy beutiful when there roots grow over rocks and into a crack in the rock bottom next to the creek:)

pondboy, mapeles are native to ALL of the north american continent so more than likely the ones you are thinking of are native. With the very noteable exeptions of Norway and Amur maples, of course.

Aspens are a exelent tree. its unfortunate that trees from the rockies are dug up and sold to unsespecting byers in the east. The trees are not regionally adaped to the reagon. The same species does, however, more than likeyly grown grow in your area Lavenderdawn as aspens are found in a wide band across the whole North american continent

Back