What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I found live sphagnum moss

Hi,me and my son were walking down the railroad track that runs behind our house.As we were walking I kept looking in the ditches beside the tracks.I noticed some wet places and there was this green moss growing.It was live sphagum moss!The more I looked the more I found.I found a boggy place,I did'nt see any cps,but I did'nt look that close.What types of cp would grow in a partly shady bog?I will be going back next weekend if possible and have a closer look.Maybe some bladderworts,sundew.....

Jerry

Je ne comprend pas l'espagnol. Si l'espgnol est tres similar a la francais!

confused.gif
No comprende amigo.

Jerry

That sounds awesome, i hope there are CP's there. If there aren't you could treat it as a little experiment. I'd spread some CP seeds around and see what germinated and thrives.

yeah that would be a good idea, you can fence it and use it, make it your own little bog..

This bog is a long walk from my house,nobody lives real close so I dont think anybody knows about it.I will go back and check it out.I have some D.intermedia 'Carolina Giant' seed I could put out there,I might just try it.

Jerry

i wouldn't spread around CPs if there aren't/weren't any there. that would be irresponsible.

Oh! Spaghnum mahovina! Kako bi ja zelijo da ovdje raste.....

He he, nepenthes gracilis and cool85k5 arnt the only ones who speak 2 or more languages.
smile_n_32.gif

Lucky you Jerry.
smile.gif

I so wish that it grew here.

lol. I speak 2 and 1/10th (or at least understand it)
(spanish, english, french)
NG, for all who don't understand, said:
I don't understand spanish. If spanish is so similar to french!
(si IS if right? but that doesn't make sense... is there another meaning of si?)
and cool said:
I don't understand friend.

<3.5 languages lol
I can't translate what cpguy said (its not appropriate for the forums..lol) gracilis said: i don't understand spanish, but it's very similar to french.

That's good to hear, cool85k5! I don't think collecting a single specimen would be THAT big of a deal (it all depends), but like alphawolf said, introducing anything could lead to trouble of some sort or another. Well, at least you have sphagnum growing nearby, that's already a good sign.

Dino, western Britain has a better chance of supporting wetlands than East Anglia though!

Also, I speak and write 4 languages fluently.

Amori

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but it's very similar to french.
wouldn't that be "mais il ..."? I don't think "si" means "but"

You live in East Anglia int he U.K, Amori?!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

I can speak and write 2 languages fluently,and I am currently learning the 3rd.
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You live in East Anglia in the U.K, Amori?!

Yep, in Milton Keynes, northwest of London. Not THAT far from Bristol.

Alphawolf, you're correct with the "mais il...".

Amori

3 hours away from me Amori

that was my whole point.
I translate, not fix ;)

Well this sphagnum moss is growing on the railroad rightaway.So it's state land as Georgia is buying railroad property.And the land close buy is being logged.So,I'm not sure how this bog is going to fair.There is not much to it,I need to go back and try to locate any cps.I'll keep everyone posted.

Jerry

Back