What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spooky stories

There once was a little boy who got a VFT for his birthday... which he placed right next to his bed. Day in and day out he watched it grow and grow and grow, but there came a time when he ignored the plant... then came halloween. The boy, drained from the day of trick or treating, and hanging out with his friends, comes home and heads straight to bed.
An errie wind filled the room. Exactly at the stroke of midnight the VFT first observed its sorroundings, sudenly coming alive and out of its roots. Extremely hungry on account of the boys lack of knownledge of what to feed it. Full of vengance the VFT crepped towards the young boys leg and bit a piece off. Almost instantly the VFT began growing.
"OWW!" announced the boy, grasping his wound.
He's now aware of the VFT and is amazed. Trying to retreat out of the bed, he is stopped by the now 2 foot plant.
"Leave me alone! Please!" yelled the boy.
The VFT didn't listen, and strangled the boy. Two more bites.
The boy now histerical, escapes from the VFT's grip and tries to run for the door.
He makes it out and runs to the kitchen, the VFTs roots pounding on the floor gave him a sense of his impending death. He opens the cupboard and drawers frantically looking for some sort of tool - a weapon if you will - to give him a fighting chance agaisnt the crazed plant. The boy scrambles through spoons and forks and something his mom always uses to pour soup which he forgot what was called. He finds a knife and turns only to see the plant a few inches away from his face. The now 6 foot plant tackles the boy to the ground.
"I'm sorry" the boy apologizes.
But it's too late. Quickly the VFT devours the boy entirely. I calm silence fills the house and the VFT, not yet satisfied, heads over to the greenhouse. He calls upon all the plants and while the laziness of a lifelong standstill loses grip of the plants in the greenhouse, the VFT heads over to the parents room...

lol.. i just made that up. POST SOME SCARY STORIES PEOPLE!!! (not necessarily about CPS)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The VFT didn't listen, and strangled the boy. Two more bites.
The boy now histerical, escapes from the VFT's grip and tries to run for the door
if you've been strangled, how can you try to run for the door?

In this context, strangled means to grab with an intent to disable.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]
Did you miss the part where it says he escapes from the VFT's grip.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The boy now histerical, escapes from the VFT's grip and tries to run for the door

lol.. its ridiculous how something this simple gets critiqued. Re-read it if you don't understand it and loosen up, its not a graded essay.

one thing is to strangle and the other is to choke.

Both have an intent to kill. No word's definition is constant and can be used to illustrate. Pick up a few books in english and read them (go for some dean koontz, now he's really good at that)... oh and bring a dictionary and a thesaurus.

hes right, altough the word is often used in manners more loosely than the strict defenition

Thats true. Good job researching. But in the context of what i wrote, thats what it means, you writing all this makes you just look dumb because you didn't understand a simple writing and are killing yourself over it. You see when you read, you're supposed to capture the meaning of the whole article or story. Who cares? you're being silly and stuck up. Lighten up.

true, all cuss words were innocent words once. languages change, but there are better ways to say the things you mean (and by no means I'm I saying that I always say what I mean... LOL! by NO MEANS. quite the contrary actually.) That's the beauty of languages. you can always say exactly what you mean if you know the meaning of what you say.
just a little constructive criticism. That's how people learn. by people critisizing them. (you all can correct me any time you want by the way... spelling, grammar, etc)

No constructive critisism needed, thanks, but i won't change the way i write just because one person was too dull and didn't understand it. You presented your comment in a "your wrong" way.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Quote
The VFT didn't listen, and strangled the boy. Two more bites.
The boy now histerical, escapes from the VFT's grip and tries to run for the door

Thats not contructive. You presented it in an argumentative way which wasn't asked for. Keep your comments to yourself and think twice about how you present your "constructive criticism" and make sure it really is constructive, not just criticism.

no he was contridicting you by pointing out what he veiwed as a inconsistacy in your story

smile_h_32.gif
puts hand to face

now im sounding like a smart a** too

Which sounds like a personal issue, that he didn't have to be such and a-hole about and turn it into a 2 page argument. He meant it to start something, and he's started it. If he meant it constructively, he could of PM'ed me and talked about it.

ok... I'll just let you make mistakes from now on... (cough cough..)
and my comment was meant as a semi-humorous statement. (since you can't try to run if you're dead lol)

see? I could have said it better. I guess I didn't say it how I meant it to be read. and since nobody tells me a better way to say it, I just keep on doing it.

Thats good. Alpha a word to the wise: its good to back up your statements an veiwpoints with data and reasoned arguments, but dont lay it on too thick  or else you may come off as a smart a**

i'd really love if it a moderator would trim this whole thing down back to when kirk posted...

Alpha you don`t capitalize. Lol.

Back