What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A little civil disobedience on election day

• Thread starter swords
  • Start date
It's true, all news media is a bought and sold commodity. If you read The Media Monoploy by Ben Begdekian (don't remember If I spelt his name correctly, it's been years) you will learn that news we see/read is all owned by major corporations. And the number of corporations owning news media is decreasing each year. This means all our news is coming from fewer and fewer sources. These corporations govern their reporters as to what can and can not be presented in their publications or on their television stations.

Fox news has that slogan "fair and balanced" but you know, common sense tells you that anytime someone feels they have to tell you they are fair and balanced only proves one thing...! Of course the other quarters of the news industry all have their own agendas as well. But the incident I'm refering to today, this exclusivity deal with Walmart to broadcast the results from Fox is just another example of an attempt at buying & selling the presidency. I hope people will understand I would say this same thing if it were CNN or any of the other news corporations.

I meerly wish to monkey wrench their system!
smile_m_32.gif

Back