What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your vote?

took me about 5 minutes!
I went at 6:30 am..polls opened at 6:00am.

Here in NY, they already had my name on the rolls at my specific polling place.
they didnt ask for ID, but they did already have my signature.
they covered up my signature with a piece of paper, so I couldnt see it.
then asked me to sign next to it.
that way, they could confirm that the signatures match.
and my name would ONLY appear in my one designated polling place,
nowhere else.
So I would not be able to vote anywhere else.
seems like a good system to me!
People have to vote only in their designated spot, they cant vote anywhere else, and you have to sign to match a signature that they already have "on file"..

Scot

5 minutes and, we only have one of the old fashioned lever machines.. small towns are great!

It took me 10 minutes. I went at an off-peak time...around 11 a.m. No line for the registrar who was checking ID's. A brief wait in line for a voting machine (lever kind like Tony had).

Later on the news I heard many local horror stories of HUGE lines, no parking, and even local candidates left off the ballot!
smile_k_ani_32.gif
One man interviewed said he tried FIVE times to vote and then got turned away when he arrived for the last time just minutes after they closed the lines to newly arriving voters. I do think that sucks. To have the committment to try 5 times but never get to vote? That's not right. They should make sure the polling precincts can handle the number of voters. They should be prepared to handle a big turnout. How many people might not bother next time because of all the hassle and problems? I was lucky because we are given 1 hr. paid leave time to go vote...so I could go at a slower time.

I arrived after work at about 5:25 pm. I was in line for only about 10 minutes. I was neither asked for, nor did I produce any ID. All I was required to do was give my name and address, which was then marked off in the registration book. I suppose if someone had already voted using my name and address, then I would have been required to prove that I was who I said I was.

It took 5 minutes to drive with my son to the polling place. It was his first time. No ID required. Just had to sign. I like the semi-touch pad thingy. No levers anymore. In and out.

Took me about 10 minutes. Had to show them some ID and sign a signature card. We use a paper ballot that you complete the center of an arrow with a special marker then feed it into a machine that counts how many votes have been cast.

Back