What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe photoshop cs

I recently got started messing around with Adobe Photoshop CS. Theres alot of cool things you can do in it. Besides making really cool graphics for websites, its a great photo editor. Its really easy to add cool effects to your pictures with the included templates. These were some i did with just a click of a button.
Heres the original picture:
dogfrommountains.jpg

Here are some of the effects: There are many more, here are some of my favorites.

Paint Daubs:
dogfrommountains2.jpg

Splatter:
dogfrommountains3.jpg

Diffuse Glow:
dogfrommountains5.jpg

Cutout:
dogfrommountains4.jpg

Glowing Edges:
dogfrommountains6.jpg

Colored Pencil:
dogfrommountainscoloredpencil.jpg

Plastic Wrap:
dogfrommountainsplasticwrap.jpg

There are many other great effects that are very easy to accomplish. You can also mix effects and control how the intensity of the effect. Just one cool feature of Photoshop CS i thought i'd share.

Where can I get it.

you can buy it online, or at staples or somewhere that they sell software. It's a little on the pricey side ($649.99 MSRP
smile_k_ani_32.gif
) so you should only buy it only if your really gonna spend time using it.

I have not tried the newest Photoshop CS. I have ver 7.
A free photo editing program I find very nice, especially because it's free, is Gimp.
http://www.gimp.org/

Most Adobe, Macromedia and MS software can be bought legally from OEM Soft. You get just the CD and serial number with no manual, box or user support, thus saving the hundreds of dollars it would cost you in a shop.

The CDs come from Moscow and it takes about a month to arrive. All fully legal though!

I'm a graphic designer so use Photoshop, Illustrator and Quark all the time. Have an experiment with the Lighting Effects filter, it's one of my favorites
smile.gif

Wow, i haven't activated it yet. Maybe i'll try and return it and buy the OEM version.

I can't look at the picture of the puppy it's too sad! Don't tell them why!
smile_h_32.gif

BTW glowing edges rocks.

Yeah, thats a picture of my puppy this summer (2 months ago) last time i went to the Dominican Republic. A little german shepeard. They gave him to me when he was about 2 months old and i got really attached to him (and him to me, he'd cry whenever he wasn't with me and followed me everywhere). When i came back to NYC, i left him over there under the great care of my uncle. Well, he got really sick and my uncle didn't pay it any attention (he thought it would go away). When it got really bad, they took him to the vet but he was in too bad of a condition already. I named him Rito (lol) because in spanish "little dog" is Perito, so i cut the Pe and just left Rito.

R.I.P. Rito

I like the plastic wrap.
Are these all standard effects?

I currently use PS 7 but I'm gonna upgrade it soon.
Usually nothing serious changes though.

What exactly is different with CS? I thought 8.0 was the last version...

CS is the latest version. I don't know exactly what the differences are because this is the first version of photoshop i'm really getting to know.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You were expecting Adobe® Photoshop® 8.0 to follow Photoshop 7.0, right? Instead, we named the new, full-version upgrade Adobe Photoshop CS. Why would we do such a thing? We wanted to communicate that, in addition to being available on its own, Photoshop CS is also available as a part of Adobe’s new Creative Suite.
Here's the URL: Adobe Photoshop CS
Yeah they are all pre-set filters you just click and it filters the whole image according to which one you choose, or you can choose certain areas to apply a filter to. You can use more than one filter on each picture.

I personally like Paint Shop Pro. I have 8 but I seen they just released 9. They are basically the same, Paint Shop and Photo Shop. I have those exact same filters on PSP 7 and 8. I want to get Flaming Pear and Alien ???something???. Those are really cool (and expensive) filters. I wish they still made Filter Factory.

Joe

I downloaded GIMP but I don't even know how to use it. LOL

Gimp is not as user friendly.

Thought i'd post an earth i just finished making on photoshop. Make it from scratch with the use of a few filters and shapes and other stuff.
earthbarecopyrighted3.jpg

Don't make me more jealous............

Back