What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ufos? aliens? et?

The mods know all.

well the government, tests new planes somtimes around area 51 (not a fact), i do belive in aliens and i do think the government hides it, imagine what kind of a craze the world would go thru if they found out? the government is VERY good at hiding stuff..but well find out in good time...we just need one of them alien bad boys to step up to someones house and take a picture..

I belive in extraterrestrial life... I don't remember this clearly but my mentor at calder lab told me once about these small DNA-like chains. They aren't considered living because they don't eat or maintain homeostasis or stuff like that but they do "reproduce". They are like small threads that by a chemical reaction make copies of themselves, and thats all they do. Now i'm not sure, but he told me they are very common in the universe. If that isn't the start of simple bacteria i don't know what is
confused.gif
and it's believed that we started from those ever multiplying threads and still house them... (DNA)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I don't remember this clearly but my mentor at calder lab told me once about these small DNA-like chains. They aren't considered living because they don't eat or maintain homeostasis or stuff like that but they do "reproduce".
well, I heard one theory about RNA... I'll try to find the article later... maybe you meant RNA?

lol Ozzy...

Something like RNA, but even simpler. All it did was make copies of itself.

It doesn't eat? Wouldn't it need some input to have it reproduce?

If there really isn't any life (which I doupt), I think we should plant life on suitable planets and have nature take its course. It would be kinda cool to see what comes out. Zongyi

It required energy but it didnt "eat" in our terms. It was like a reaction, if it i inside an environment in which i could multiply itself, then it would. It wasn't spontaneous it was automatic.

I've always wanted to see a UFO or aliens but never have.
smile_h_32.gif

I think it would be really cool but my mother claims she's seen several things in the sky she couldn't identify throughout her lifetime. The last time was when I was about 12 years old and sleeping in the house she said she was walking the dog about 3 am before she left for work and saw a large bar of red lights in the sky with a white ball bouncing along the top. I was mad when she told me about it that night that she didn't come and wake me cos I wouda loved seeing that!
smile.gif

If the aliens come for me I'm ready for a ride in the ship lets go!

As far as do I believe they're out there somwehere? I don't see why not. It would be supreme arrogance to imagine that the chance spark of life could only happen once in the entire universe. In scientific probability there is always a remainder, the answer is never actually "1" so I would have to say there is surely something else we don't know about out there in the timeless void. Whether those things we don't know about are visiting earth and putting bugs in peoples brains and mutilating our cattle, I don't know about that. it seems a bit far fetched.

As far as the government covering things up, they try to cover everything up so it's a moot point really. One dad of a friend of mine is a bigtime conspiracy guy but to me he just comes off as super paranoid. Like he'll buy a bunch of guns and a bible and move into the mountains and start a white separitist movement any day now!
smile_n_32.gif

A chemical reaction requires energy but it doesn't eat. This was basically a chemical reaction in which when it was in a certain type of environment it would multiply.

when did I say USING energy? I said OBTAINING energy.

you said eating as in obtaining. They don't eat. Eating to get energy and obtaining energy are different. One is a process the other one is an occurance.

I was clarifying what you meant by eating. I know they don't eat!

It does need to obtain energy or be in a place where the type of energy it needs is present. But it doesn't eat. I don't feel like arguing...
confused.gif

it doesn't obtain it... it just uses it or creates it.
Obtaining energy would be like eating and breaking it down.

yeah yeah... the first law of thermodynamics...
BUT if matter and antimatter is mixed, it creates energy.
Or so say like 1000 sites :p

Is there some secret prize for winning this discussion that I am not aware about?

If so please tell me what it is and where to sign up!
smile.gif

No prize, just making sure someone doesnt spread false facts.

LOL... I guess you'd be the one doing that...

Back