What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Any ebay sellers to steer clear of?

• Thread starter LauraZ5
  • Start date
Another sarra you might want to take a peek at is "Leah Wilkerson"....talk about to die for! Its not in production yet but hopefully one day it will be more readily available. You can see it on Brooks Garcia's website...don't know the web address off the top of my head though. If you do a search on the sarra forum for that you can probably find the thread with photos.
smile.gif

Oh, I saw that one all right! That didn't miss my eye!  They are the ultimate.  I have a photo of them as my desktop wallpaper on my computer at the office. The photo was taken by saraceniaobsessed.  It was my understanding that these naturally occurring hybrids were found in an undisturbed native community and weren't anywhere on the market?  I thought it was a big no no to even try to buy these plants? Supply and Demand and all... who wants some unscrupulous resaler in heat going over to where these plants are located and stripping the entire field in front of the woman's home. If we actively start seeking these plants, we create the demand and then some moron goes and digs up every last plant to fill orders!  I don't want to be a part of that downward spiral.  I sort of figured it was best not to try to purchase these plants.  Is my understanding incorrect?

Well Jerry, PDX gave me a way to get a hold of the man who has them to sell. Here I sit with credit card in hand in front of my computer and it was too late to call him.  Now that's called being all dressed up with no where to go!  I so hate having a nice credit card in my hand and not being able to use it!  depressing, absolutely depressing. Guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow goshdarnitall.

FYI...SarraceniaObsessed is Brooks Garcia.
smile.gif
Brooks is a wonderful talent with sarracenia. He's also helping out greatly with the NASC project. I'm working on his second article for collecting and preparing sarracenia seed.

Back