What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Look here

Dont delete this because it looks werid. Believe it or not.. YOU CAN READ IT!!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht i cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht i was rdanieg the phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at cmabrigde uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer inwaht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are. the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe amzanig huh? yaeh and i awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!!

E / c Drew =)

I got that no problem. That's a little scary.

I seen this last year or a couple of months way back. But it's still pretty interesting kinda.

This was posted on CPUK a few months back.

It is vrey itsting

I believe we understand it so well because we all know so many people who actually write that way. Well, they would write that way if their grammar improved.

LOL herenorthere,yeah. it might not have worked before the internet came online

yaeh i got taht no porbelm
smile_n_32.gif

It's fairly easy to read but you can't read as quickly. Better to talk right :p
(capitalizing doesn't count ;) LOL)

I raed it fnie, but taht is bceause we are all uesd to trebrile seplilng now. Atculaly tehy hvae fnoud taht toshe wtih dsylxeila raed tihs bteetr tahn tohse wuithot.

people with dyslexia naturally mess words up. Interesting though how we have the ability to see what they see but still understand yet they cant.

There's more to dyslexia than just mixing up letters - dyslexics have trouble decoding words.  My father retired a few years ago after a career as a mechanical engineer.  He designed high performance hydraulics and has a mind boggling ability to read drawings, but has had to work hard in retirement to develop an ability to read a simple novel.

yeah i saw that about a year ago. i work for a newspaper and that was passed around to proofreaders who darn near had a heart attack reading it. i thought it was pretty cool

I am mildly dyslexic, not to bad.  I have to make sure to carefully proof read.  I tell you, computers have made my life much easier.  Most of my troubles are with numbers.  Computers do not help too much here and I often mess up dialing phones.  I have to be careful and we learned a long time ago that I can not balance the checkbook, Ouch!  It's kind of odd because I am very good at math.  I have to do it in my head though.  If I go to paper and do the work I am in trouble because I mess up the numbers.  In my head there are no actual numbers. I also can not do math by the standard methods.  I drove the teachers nuts because I was always right with my answers, but it was done in my head with no work to show.  My youngest is the same way.  He was doing times tables by the time he was three or four, in his head, without any instructions.  He, however, also is somewhat dyslexic and has trouble doing the work.  It frustrates me.  The teachers are so upset because he has trouble with the work.   His answers are right.  I do math faster then most can push the numbers into a calculator and get the answer.  It was great with accident investigations.  So can he, but you have to show the work.  It slows me considerably if I have to figure math the standard ways.  Him to.  They tell me how gifted he is in math, but he does not do well on the timed test (actually the Graves has effect his muscle control and writing is difficult so that has some to do with it).   I never really understood why math must be done the standard way.  Ah well.

Even though mine is mild, I often have to re-read. Sometimes I can read a sentence several times and I can not make sense of it. Mine is mild, I feel for those that have a sever case.

I love read backwards and mirror image, that's fun.

My psychology teacher gave us a hand out on that once. It's pretty cool.

I think its only because we expect the words. Can you decipher these?
sinfurg nenteehps froum wtih cutmepor

Word scrambles would be mighty easy if we can do things like that
biggrin.gif
. Zongyi

I HATE having to show my work. But that's just because I'm lazy.

..Wow.

My mom says she tried to get out of a speeding ticket once for going 52 in a 25 zone by telling the cop she was dyslexic, but he didn't buy it..

I swear every dyslexic dip in Central Florida has called this house asking if it's WalMart. WalMart's number and our number are the same except for the last two numbers, which are reversed. So people call at least once a day asking if this is WalMart. It's become daily routine, really. But this house has been here longer than WalMart.. I don't know why WalMart can't change their @#$% number..

Back