What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's official!

schloaty

Staff member
Well, it's finally come to pass. My wife and I have finally closed on and moved into our new (FIRST) house!!

Please note the change of address in my profile (if you are going to send house warming gifts... heh heh)

the all important question.... does it have a BIG HUGE yard/garden?

Congratulations Dave! Now the fun begins. hehehehehe
smile.gif

I remember being excited about cutting the grass because it was MY grass. That lasted for about 3 weeks....
confused.gif
lol
laugh.gif

I hope you find many years of happiness in your new home with your family.
smile.gif

Congrats! Mind posting pictures up? i'd be cool to see your new house.

Congratulations!

Man, we're in the exact same boat. We just had our offer accepted last week. The deal won't close until early January though, the sellers are waiting for their new house to get completed.

Congratulations Dave! Now you have room to grow more plants.....and family :wink:!

Sheesh, BCK, the first one is only 5 months...Give me a breather, here! ;)

AE, Alpha, yes, there is a nice yard....and I will have a bog garden AND a vegitable garden next year.

No pics until we're done with the mess, though...boxes everywhere, etc.
smile_n_32.gif

Congrats to you and your family, Dave!! You are going to love having your own home. I'm so happy for you!

Lynda

Very Cool, Dave! Now the fun begins!

Lawns are booring unless you know how to make them interesting. My lawn has crocus flowers poking trough it every spring (planted by yours trulyu
smile_m_32.gif
)
In natural-looking clumps, and Grape hyacynths in the spring/summer. Each has grasslike foliage that blends in perfictly with a cut lawn during the off season( when theres no blooms)

And i know a whole lot about trees and can find a native species for u any bit as good as any exotic -exept if u want white-barked birches in the south, or a maple in a dry desert.

or... not

Is there room for a greenhouse in the backyard? That's all that matters.

Congratulations! Will be fun to see some pictures.

once i turn 21, im just gonna buy land, and then a big greenhouse, and put a bed in it, and move into it

I'm gonna buy more than one greenhouse:
Stovehouse- 50' by 50'
Hothouse- 50' by 50'
Warmhouse- 80' by 100'
I'll move in to the warmhouse, but first, i'd buy a lot of property, and rent it out to people, and i'd buy gas stations since everyone that has a car buys gas. With all that income i can continue building greenhouses and getting more and more carnivores until i start the larges carnivorous plant retailer in the world! Either that, or genetically mutate them so they don't need root systems, and so they have a brain, and so VTSs are large enough to eat a human whole, so then i could take over the world with an army of carnivorous plants!

Or i'll just be a bum on the street, that's easier.
smile_m_32.gif

Back