What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Check out this artifact

This is pretty wild... my dad found this about 10 years ago in New Smyrna Beach, FL. It's a painting of Our Lady of Guadalupe, patron saint of the Americas. It's dated 1768. I'm trying to find out the right person(s) or organization for this. There must have been a Spanish mission there at some point. He also found a piece of eight in the same location.

Guadalupe_web.jpg

Piece%20of%20Eight%2002_web.jpg

Wow, that is really cool, I wish I had the luck to find that sorta stuff.

Wes please change the color of your font....That green is really hard to see. Any color but green.

You've got a small fortune in your hands.. choose what you do with it wisely.

That is truly amazing! What a find! Its a beautiful painting. I hope it finds a good home and is protected. Its so neat when things like this are found and preserved for everyone to enjoy. And its an honor to artists of the past.

Thanks for sharing them.
smile.gif

First get it appraised by a few antique dealers, and then see if you can get it cleaned and restored a bit.

Sweet, i'll give you 10 bucks for it.

... and sell it for 1000000000.

Back