What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a cp'er when......

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
you know youre a cper when you go camping and the misquitoes dont bite cause theyre afraid

You know you're a cp'er when the guy at the garden center looks at all the thing you bought, smiles and asks "What are you growing?" You tell him and he smiles even bigger and ask's "So what are you really growing?"

You know you're a CPer when your non-CPer siblings start identifying plants correctly (true story).

You know you're a CPer when the few surviving bugs whisper your name in fear in the shadows
smile_n_32.gif

You know you're a CPer when you get nervous seeing squirrels in your backyard.

you know your a cper when you'd rather watch your plants grow, than a football game

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]you know youre a cper when you go camping and the misquitoes dont bite cause theyre afraid
LOL! I WISH!

You know you're a CPer when it's thanksgiving and all you can think of is to give thanks you haven't run out of flies.

well.... you could grow pigmy drosera and be happy
biggrin.gif

You know you're a CPer when before you leave for work in the morning and last thing you do before you go to sleep at night is look at your plants and make sure they are ok.

You know you're a CPer when you hurry home from vacation to make sure your plants are ok.

On the same thought as above
You know you're a CPer when you go on vacation and track down other CPers to visit.

You know you're a CPer when you roll up the newspapers and squat in the kitchen, waiting for cockroaches to run pass...WHAM! (true story)

You know you're a CPer when you know every plant you have.

You know you're a CPer when you take cuttings and it takes a lot out of you to give even one away.

You know you're a cp'er when you get married and you have
Huge VFT's and Sarracenia at the Head table.
(Saw Wild Bill's photos myself!!!)

Kirk Martin
Fitchburg, Mass.

You know you are a CPer when...

You are growing your relatives Christmas gifts.

Your wife accuses you of turning every vacation into a carnivorous plant expedition.

Everyone smiles in disbelief, nudge nudge wink wink say no more, when you tell then you are growing CPs in the basement under a 1000 watt growlight.

People look at you and smirk because they catch you reading cannibis culture books in the book store to get ideas on setting up a grow room.

You consider taking Latin at the community college as a second langauge.

You almost end up in the ditch when you drive by a new wetland because your looking for CP habitat.

I can go on, but I will spare everyone.

Glenn
smile_n_32.gif

You go to a baby shower and view all the people there as possibile sources for a free food processor or blender so you can get your LFS chopped up better to germinate seed. Better yet, friends and family understand your need and while everyone else walks out with the standard Jordan Almonds in a cheap plastic baby bootie thinige party favor... you walk out with the next door neighbor's food processor that she said hadn't been used in years anyway!

You know you’re a CPer when…

you have plant material in your refrigerator that is not to be eaten.

you buy a huge bag of peat moss at Home Depot because it’s so cheap, NEVER intending to use but just a small portion of it -- and it’s nearly gone after only a few months.

you go to “new posts” on TerraForums immediately after turning on your computer.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tropics @ Nov. 22 2004,3:57)]you go to “new posts” on TerraForums immediately after turning on your computer.
But I have to!! It's my homepage!
cool.gif

LOLOL Y'all are too funny. I like the "Beware of Garden."
laugh.gif

These are some good ones.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Cindy @ Nov. 22 2004,9:26)]You know you're a CPer when you roll up the newspapers and squat in the kitchen, waiting for cockroaches to run pass...WHAM! (true story)
Cindy, that's a scary mental image!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Back