What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know you're a cp'er when......

• Thread starter Ozzy
  • Start date
You know you're a cp'er when you drive
5 hours to a carnie meeting (Pullman Washington to Seattle area) 5-6 times a year occasionally crashing at people's houses you just met at the meeting (Great hospitality).
True story did it for 3 years.

You know you're a cp'er when you give away plants just so you can make more room for new ones!!

Kirk

You know when you are a CPer when you do this to your garden:-
greenhousea2004.jpg

Last years pic of same greenhouses showing the flytrap house on the far right which is not visible on the top picture!

greenhouses,2003a_jpg.jpg

Mike, I will have to visit your nursery some time in the growing season (and do some serious shopping!). Great pics!

You know your a CP'er when hold a funeral fit for a king every time a plant dies.

You're a CPer when you see a picture of Mike Kings greenhouses and immediately recognize them as his!

EDIT: and the same goes for his grow list
smile_n_32.gif

You know your a CP'er when your Christmas presents consist entirely of plants and supplies (getting two new thermostats).

Oh my! If only my back yard could be so "cluttered" like Mike King's!

Your late, Laura! Get started!!!

I absolutley positively am not late!  I checked into greenhouses and such just recently and had to put it on a back burner for a bit because of costs goshdarnitall! All of you people are going to have to keep posting photos of your greenhouses for me so that I can live vicariously through pictures until I can get my own! Poor poor poor greenhouseless Laura!

You know your a CP'er when you give Laura this info:
Get a flowerhouse, they are really cheap. I have an 8 x 8 greenhouse and it cost me about $300. I have a 6 x 6 greenhouse and it cost about $130!

Gosh, I feel like a narcotics addict so I must be in the right place.  NepenthesMaster, please go to this thread-
http://www.petflytrap.com/cgi-bin....t=15363

Please post photos, links, and information of any "quick fixes" you may have for me until I can afford something like Mike King has... just one of his would be fine for the future!

You know your a CP'er when your plant purchases are a normal expense just like taxes.

you know your a Cper when you realize that is actually impossible to write a book on CP care because no matter what you put in it someone will prove you wrong

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rattler_mt @ Dec. 20 2004,9:48)]... is actually impossible to write a book on CP care because no matter what you put in it someone will prove you wrong.
Boy! Ain't that the truth!

You know you're a CPer when you already know you're whole tax refund will be in the form of a cash card so you can order online.

You know you're a cp-er when you tell your wife, "No, we can't buy THIS house...There's nowhere for my plants."

Yes, it's true. We passed up on a house my wife actually liked because there was no space for my hobby. Turned out for the better, though, as we found an even BETTER house!

You know your a CP'er when you look through every spam email and junk catalogue you get, searching for great deals on plants, greenhouses, and other equipment.

You know you're a CPer when you get your CPs a Christmas present.

You know your a cp-er when you go into Target and look for large undrained containers to use as bog gardens

Hi Dave,
Funny you should mention that, in 1998 my wife and I found the current house as we instructed the real estate agents to find us houses with large gardens!

Back