What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The big mystery...

Heeeeey now!! I wouldn't be fibbin' about this.
confused.gif
Do a search on the internet...there are newspaper articles on it.
smile_n_32.gif

The latest: the booms continue. There were two that took place when I was not home so I missed those. But I think it was Monday nite there were two around 8:30 p.m.. They were kinda different...more distant and didn't shake the house. Then two more at about 11:30 p.m....the same. And THEN...at 1:30 a.m. I was facing my front window when I saw a bright flash of light followed a second later by another larger, distant boom. So I'm wondering if those were some kind of "copycat". No one has ever reported any flash of light. I did call and report the last one because of the light flash.

For some reason, the seismic equipment didn't arrive over the weekend. Supposedly its happening this week. Official reports are saying that while they believe the kids were responsible for some of the explosions, they aren't sure if they are responsible for ALL of them (hence the continued track on seismic activity). It is getting SO confusing.

I did write the city emergency manager (he gave out his email addy at the neighborhood meeting). And of course I've gotten no response. Neither has the city put up the web page where residents can make explosion reports for tracking. Another surprise. Hmmph. They are all TALK, no action. And I'll bet not one of 'em lives here and has their house rattling and shaking. Everyone is worried about their foundations from all this jarring.

So who do the resident go to for restitution when their homes start cracking...the kids who pulled this "prank" of "disturbing the peace"??
mad.gif

BTW...I've never had moonshine. Can you two Doubting Thomases say the same?
smile_n_32.gif

I did the google search and there are a lot of articles about it. It's also on yahoo, askjeeves, and amazon. It doesn't surprise me that she would pull a stunt like this. There's no way any of us really believe that there are the little kids make small devices that shakes the whole city.
biggrin.gif
Suzanne must have put a lot of time and effort in this hoax. She had to spend hours and hours writing all the fake articles. I just can't figure out how she got them all listed on all the search engines. I think we should humor her and play along with her little hoax for awhile.
smile_m_32.gif

Ozzy. One comment.
smile_n_32.gif
laugh.gif

OH, I forgot that she could read this. opps
smile_k_ani_32.gif

LOL @ Ozzy! Hope every thing works at on a serious note PAK.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Heeeeey now!!  I wouldn't be fibbin' about this.
We know that Suzanne.  Just having a little fun.
No self respecting Southern lady would ever be so...so devious.......
biggrin.gif

I did not read the whole post. But my though is blasting by the military for underground artifical caverns. NORAD is not all in "the mountain" a big part must be under "the mountain" for it to survive a triple nuclear blast. If you look long enough on the web other occurences like yours have happened. Unless the top secrete plane was the size of a wale a ten block radius would not experence an earthquake sensation unless it jumped from sub amch 1 to mach 6 or something like that.
Tre

All military avenues have been investigated. It is not military related. And I think anything on that grand a scale would be felt in a larger area that my neighborhood. Although I have heard this is happening in other local areas, that has not been confirmed publicly anywhere, so I can't say its true.

Ummm . . . if the military actually was blasting secret caverns, does anyone believe it would confess, "Yep, you caught us. Those booms are us tunnelling beneath your homes. We'll be done soon and, by the way, don't say anything. These are secret tunnels." Of course not.

There is a way to make a so called 'bomb' with a plastic soda bottle and a certain cleaner and one other object that I wont mention(everyone has it in their house).It makes a very loud boom,but I dont think it would shake a house unless it was very close.

Jerry

Back