What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home computer

• Thread starter Lauderdale
  • Start date
I thought a few of you might enjoy this. It is from a 1954 issue of Popular Mechanics.

Technology sure has come a long way.  Hehehe.  
1954_Home_Computer.jpg

"The Computer will be easy to use"

Wow, I guess they were way off. Bill Gates made sure of that.
lol

i wouldnt put that in my home.. it resembles a big stove...

Or do they mean the old man?

i wouldnt put that in my home...

Sure would have liked the big wheel when I was into Submarine sims. FIRE TORPEDOES!!!

interesting how they where way off with their prediction... just goes to show advances in technology can't be predicted. Moore's Law was broken with the invention of PS3's new cell architecture (the cell is ahead of the law by about 20 years). Wonder what'll be next.

I hope I get one of those under my X-Mas tree. ;)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (0zzy @ Nov. 23 2004,9:28)]"The Computer will be easy to use"

Wow, I guess they were way off. Bill Gates made sure of that.
lol
Yeah, Microsoft "works".

WW2 and NASA spawned an incredible amount of the technology we now use.

I remember watching reruns of the old Donna Reed Show - the newer ones. In one episode she was working for a company that had a computer that size of a refrigerator.

Anybody remember the size of the computers in Colossus - The Forbin Project?

Cool, that reminds me of the issue of National Geographic that i found in a hospital waiting room, it was from 1956.

Holy Snikes! That is a computer. I wonder if the steering wheel is the mouse? Thanks for sharing.
smile.gif

That's one heck of a big calculator!
laugh.gif

1954 was an excellent year (check profile). Right Suzanne (aka PAK)?
smile_k_ani_32.gif

That's cool to look back on that. I wonder what they will look like in another 50 years.
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1954 was an excellent year (check profile). Right Suzanne (aka PAK)?
smile_k_ani_32.gif
Are there still people alive that were born back then? No human can possibly live that long.
biggrin.gif

Back