What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
We will be "Shuffling off to Buffalo" to celebrate with friends and family. How 'bout you?

Happy belated Thanksgiving Day to our Canadian friends out there who celebrate when we have our Columbus Day.

Go Cowboys! Riiiiiight!

I'll be in north carolina!
smile.gif

I wanted to go to Borneo, but mom wouldn't let me... Instead i am going to stay at home with my carnivores and eat a turkey pizza. Yes, a pizza with turkey on it. I can't wait!
biggrin.gif

I will be in Michigan spending time with family. Happy Thanksgiving!

I am going to be HOME. I'm not cleaning, not working, not doing freelance, not gonna be doing anything except fun and relaxing things. Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays because I get to be home with no stress! AND you get to have tasty turkey with all the fixin's and later TURKEY SANDWICHES!
biggrin.gif
Yum! I will be off until next Tuesday but the rest of my time will be spent cleaning and working on getting items together and priced to sell as I move into my new space in an antique shop soon. Not looking forward to that.

And since Thanksgiving is supposed to be about just that...

I want to give thanks for having this great community for fellowship, teaching, learning, sharing and FUN. You all are just the best folks around.
smile.gif

I want to thank Phillip and Mikey for allowing us the privilege of having our little CP homeplace. We should never take this for granted. It takes time, work and a lot o' money to maintain this space. So...THANKS guys! You are top o' the line when it comes to caring.

And thanks to my fellow mods for all they do to keep TerraForums running smoothly. Its many many hours spent here for no other reason than the love of the plants and community. Thanks for y'all's support so many times!

And more thanks to **everybody** for making TerraForums the wonderful place it is.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone! I hope you all have a warm and safe holiday!

biggrin.gif

Oh, American thanksgiving season.
smile.gif
We dont have thanksgiving here, wish we did though.
Always intresting to know cultures of different people.
smile.gif

Dino
cool.gif

Turkey? We've eaten like 3 already!
Now for a little joke
A young man named John received a parrot as a gift. The parrot had a
bad attitude and an even worse vocabulary. Every word out of the bird's
mouth was rude, obnoxious and laced with profanity.
John tried and tried to change the bird's attitude by consistently
saying only polite words, playing soft music and anything else he could
think of to "clean up" the bird's vocabulary. Finally, John was fed up
and he yelled at the parrot. The parrot yelled back. John shook the parrot
and the
parrot got angrier and even ruder. John, in desperation, threw up his hand,
grabbed the bird and put him in the freezer.
For a few minutes the parrot squawked and kicked and screamed. Then
suddenly there was total quiet. Not a peep was heard for over a minute.
Fearing that he'd hurt the parrot, John quickly opened the door to the
freezer.
The parrot calmly stepped out onto John's outstretched arms and said "I
believe I may have offended you with my rude language and actions. I'm
sincerely remorseful for my inappropriate transgressions and I fully intend
to do everything I can to correct my rude and unforgivable behavior."
John was stunned at the change in the bird's attitude. As he was about to
ask the parrot what had made such a dramatic change in his behavior, the
bird continued, "May I ask what the turkey did?"

I am going to make an honest effort to visit all the members of my disfunctional family that I possibly can.
confused.gif

Happy Thanksgiving! I am going home for the weekend. It will be nice to have a short break from homework.

Jim, should be a good game today.......go Bears!
biggrin.gif

I'm actually a Vikings fan, but since my brother's a Bears fan I cheer them on too.

edit: OOPPSS! I didn't mean to post this :p sorry!
well, since I already posted it... can you mods tell me if you can see what I originally posted? or can I just say
"awww you're such a nice nice guy"
and nobody will notice? *snickers*

Well, I've made the trip down the third coast to my grandmothers. A 30min. drive. I'll then go to Pasadena(TX) to see my daughters. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE. Thanks always for you're freindship, advice, and willingness to help out. While I'm at it I'd like to thank all the members of the NASC for the commitment and dedication that is required to save a species.

Well im back on thanksgiving i was bedridden with the flu. About 1/4 trough the thanksgiving meal i coulndnt taste so i blew my nose so hard it ruptured a vessle and i spent the reast of the meal trying to clot a massivly severe nosebleed in the bathroom. Mom came to help but we couldnt stem the flow (drip, drip) i lost so mutch blood i coulnt walk and was barely coherent so that they had to carry me to my bed where i stayed the rest of the (seelpless) night. That was my thanksgiving. Myght ah asdds im notspo conhefejnt now?

well im trying to catch loose babie birds right now so its not helping

that sucks. If it makes you feel better, My mom banned me from the computer after 10. Just when things become interesting! can you believe it???!
mad.gif

Back