User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A nice warm rainy day (and night)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ozzy, It wouldn't be fair.... I can step outside in a t-shirt and a pair of shorts. You would have to step outside in a parka and gloves and one of those wool hat things and those big snow boots. Plus you would probably have to shovel your way out the door! I really can't imagine working outside in that kind of weather, actually, I really can't even imagine that kind of weather. I can see why you're trying to get back to North Carolina. If it makes you feel any better, we're supposed to have a cold front move through on Friday and the nighttime temp. is supposed to be in the low 50's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed the rain and warm temperatures mentioned in the forecast, but didn't notice the wind warnings. A lot of pots got knocked over and two orchids were blown right out of their pots. But all the plants perked up and it was worth it. It was still 67 a little before 4:00 and, by 7:30, the temperature was 38. That's a drop of almost 30 degrees in 3 1/2 hours. That doesn't happen too often around here.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow. has it been windy EVERYWHERE?[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] and cold too? everyone I've talked to today says the same thing.
    my mums pot got knocked over but they're alright.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Buster, I know what you mean about winter down here. I actually had to put on a pair of jeans this morning...it got all the way down to 56 last night. But the sun is shining, the birds are chirping and the Gulfstream had a fog bank that looked very eerie when the sun peeked over the horizon. High is supposed to be 72. My "dews" are loving it.
    Look on the bright side Ozzie, you don't have to clutter up your fridge with dormant plants. I hardly have room for my beer. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't put beer in the fridge for several weeks. The floor at the back corner of the kitchen keeps it nice and cool. I'd put a thermometer in it to check the temperature, but it's best not to know.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12