What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anywhere i can purchase heating pads...

Is there any brand of heating pad sold anywhere today that does not automatically shut itself off at some preset time?

I bought 3 different types of heating pads and they all shut off. I cannot locate a heating pad out there that doesn't.

I need something to place under a tray of seeds I am attempting to germinate.

Thanks much for any help

that probably too hot... there's alot of water in a waterbed...

Laura,
Are you trying to use a regular hot pad for heating seed trays? If so I wouldn't recommend them for several reasons. They can get too hot and cook the seedlings or worse yet catch on fire. Which is why some of them switch off after a set time. Also, they aren't completely waterproof so there is the possibility of water shorting them out.

There are mats made specifically for seed starting.
Gardens Alive
AND
Heat Mat

This is a little more fancy: Mini Electric Greenhouse

You can also find them on eBay

Shoot! Will somebody fix my links please! I don't know what I did wrong. Thanks, Laura

Just another thought to maybe try.
You could also use a fish tank with a submersible fish heater. Fill the tank with 3 or 4 inches of water. Set the heater to the desired temp and place it on the bottom of the tank. Make a shelf just above the water to place your pots with the seeds your are wanting to germinate.

No problem! *I get by with a little help from my friends* Someone showed me how to do that when another posted pictures with links that didn't have the right path.

cozy safe home products link

Jim, my e-mail is hopelessly down.  Be on the lookout for an e-mail from a different ISP within the next few days that starts out as LittleDirtBall@..... or WildLifeGardener@.....

It will be me but I can't figure out how to use the account as of yet. I am pathetic when it comes to e-mail and I haven't had to configure an account in eons.  Matter of fact I don't think I configured that one when I first got it.  I had that same account for 8 years.  No problems and then a solid month of nothing but problems when the server got nailed with some sort of a mega virus and they had to migrate to a new server. I was day dreaming once about how nice it would be if Hackers were dragged through streets, hung, shot 5x, and then tarred and feathered.  Not very nice at all of me to be even be thinking thoughts like that so I better stop while I am ahead.

Back