What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What are you favorite christmas songs?

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
i'd say jesu joy of man's desiring, sung by Josh Groban... great song, great guy.

The Kinks had one about a little rich boy that was cool. Also, there was a New Wave sounding one about whether they still know it's Christmas. Does anybody know those songs?

On the more serious side, my favorites are also Do You hear What I hear & Little Drummer Boy.

Hi,

"Christmas Shoes"; "Feed The World"; "The Little Drummer Boy"

Bobby

Bringing this one back for the season:

I'd also add:

Do They Know It's Christmas - Bandaid

Rock and Roll Christmas - ?

Ill have to go with "Sleigh Ride" and any other instrumental, especially the Trans Siberian Orchestra stuff. Otherwise, not much of a fan of xmas music....it kind of stresses me out. :blush:

No Presents for Christmas mini-LP by King Diamond, of course. "I'm dreaming of a white... sabbath!" :D
Ironically, I got this as a Christmas present from my roommate a long time ago.

kd_1985.jpg

Trans Siberian Orchestra (A.K.A. the metal band Savatage) is good too, in the same vein as Mannheim Steamroller. I prefer TSO's non Xmas album: Beethoven's Last Night which I do always listen to around this time of year so I guess that makes it count. Classical inspired & infused metal music is always good to drive to when it's snowing. Fitting somehow with the falling snow.

Christmas at Ground Zero

Any Christmas song by Gene Autry.

I have an ancient white cassette (must be 20 years old, or more) that has some of his Christmas songs on it and every year I bust it out and play it to death in the car. :)

Grandma got run over by a raindeer can't be beat! (well, until they made a cartoon movie to go with it :puke2:)

pretty paper pretty ribbons - Roy Orbison
run run rudolph - Chuck Berry
blue chrismas - Elvis Presely

all the other main radio tunes just annoy me...

I forgot about these two:

The Hannukah Song - Adam Sandler
Run Run Rudolph - Chuck Berry
Mary's Boy Child - Boney M

I like the traditional standards myself..........

Angels We Have Heard On High
Joy To The World
O Holy Night
Carol of the Bells
What Child Is This?
Holly and the Ivy
Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
O Little Town of Bethlehem
I Saw Three Ships
Away in a Manger
O Come, All Ye Faithful
Good King Wenceslas
The First Noel
Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree - Brenda Lee
Blue Christmas - Elvis
White Christmas - Bing

I like a variety. About any of them as long as they aren't played slow enough as to act as a heavy sedative. LOL

By far, my favorite is about anything by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. The net radio I listen to has been playing "A Mad Russian's Christmas". I think also "Christmas Eve in Serejevo" and some others.

Deliverance has a cool version of "Silent Night" too.

On the humor side, "Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer" is a classic.

The more traditional ones that I like are "Mary Did You Know" and "Drummer Boy."

Back