What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"but i told you...!"

• Thread starter jimscott
  • Start date
Laura, are you sure that extra part isn't the defective part? :p

Oh no no no trashcan, it couldn't possibly be a defective part! I know this because my mother told me so and that's that!

Jim, roll those eyeballs of yours back into that head schweetheart or I'm sharing my mother's comments with your wife! I'm sure she'd concur.

Let's not get into a bashing contest here, folks!

Ladies, you have three choices:
1) accept it and move on
2) stay single
3) date women

that's it.

smile_n_32.gif

Um...I think I have a problem.  I have to check something.
Yup, I am still a female.
I think someone, un-benounced to me, has downloaded three files into my brain.  They appear to be listed as #1, #2, and #3.
That's what I get for working in a "man's field", participating in(and enjoying) male-type hobbies, loving to watch football...  
My husband tells me that he likes the fact that I am a little bit malish in thought ( I like to hunt, ride motorcycles, fish, camp...), but he also appears to have these same three folders (makes for interesting conversations at times).  His are much superior to mine in the process though.  That extra part must be fighting back on my behalf because I can remember more than he and I usaully listen when people are speaking instead of staring at whatever I was working with and repeating "okay' or "uh-huh".

I know the extra part is there though.  I like to sew at the holiday times of the year.  I can do just about any craft known to man (oops, woman).  Dresses are okay if they are truly flattering (see female) and I do not expect to get into a fight that evening (work related).  I have a few pairs of shoes...does it count if I have more pairs of Military-style boots?

Hi Schloaty...

I can operate a mean chain saw!  Does that count for anything?  Have I redeemed myself?  Got any buckthorn or tamarisk you want to come down- I'm your gal!  

Tail between legs...
I have a closet full of shoes. They're my weakness. I do have a pair of steel toed work boots in and amongst all the hi-heels.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Dec. 03 2004,8:10)]Jim, roll those eyeballs of yours back into that head schweetheart or I'm sharing my mother's comments with your wife!  I'm sure she'd concur.
In the words of Gizmo the good Gremlin: "Uh oh!"

Rose: I am truly ROFL!

My wife insists it is because when men get up in the morning, they put on their obtuse genes. Been married 30 years, and I still don't care what obtuse means!

I am thinking many of us are all sounding very very married!  

Say Jim, you were sorely missed by me tonight! Work on that Java buddy!

I'll download it while I get ready for work. Hate to ask what I missed in that NASC meeting...

Well, Jim... it was unanimous... your offer to fund the new fledgling NASC was unanimousy accepted by all who attended. Gosh that was so generous of you. ;)  So sorry you weren't there to experience the accolades first hand.  

Sory, couldn't resist teasing with you.

Truthfully, it was extremely interesting and so much ground was covered.  I was amazed at just how much Copper accomplished. I also have to tell you that I learned how to have a private chat.  This neat little box comes up and you can discuss an entirely different subject when there is a lull in the conversation at the other.  I really felt as if I had entered the new Millenium when that feature was shared with me. So, you were sorely missed by me because I wanted to try out the private chat feature again.  I just love learning something new!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Dec. 04 2004,10:43)]Well, Jim... it was unanimous... your offer to fund the new fledgling NASC was unanimousy accepted by all who attended. Gosh that was so generous of you. ;) So sorry you weren't there to experience the accolades first hand.

Sory, couldn't resist teasing with you.
No need to resist! I tease anybody and everybody - including myself - as long as there is an opportunity.

Yes, I'm glad that I could accommodate. Better fire up that printing press again... Need more greenbacks! Java downloaded and installed for the next meeting.

Getting back to the original topic, after attending the lab's Christmas party last night, Lynn "reminded me" that she and Rachel were going to do a mother/daughter birthday celebration out, after church. I made the fatal mistake of saying that it was news to me. I was then informed that she already told me and even reminded me of it while driving to the party. Oy! *tail between legs - yet again!*
smile_k_ani_32.gif

Oh no! Not you and my husband too!  Both suffering from the "in one ear and out the other" syndrome at the same time!  This is too much for me when not only my husband but my friends begin to succumb.

Laura's lesson #1, woman can be very petty and some of us tend to think that what ever we have to say is extremely important and that our husbands should cling to every word.  So... do not set yourself up by making statements such as "news to me".  Get in the habit of doing what Carl does and nod your head and smile. Silence, although often misunderstood... is never misquoted or open to debate or criticism.  I know he is patronizing me but that's ok.

What!! They are not supposed to hang on my every word!...

Actually that is a really good thing. If he ever caught those words said in low volume I would be in for it.

I am really really terribly sorry to have to be the bearer of bad news but...
No, they don't have to hang on our every word. A sad, but true reality that I have learned from 20 years of marriage.

Well, if he had heard so much as half the crap I mumbled under my breath it would have been more like 2 or 3 years so selective male hearing is probably God's way of protecting marriages. Do the years we cohabitated count for anything?

Lol.I forget stuff I hear every one does......

My dads always saying to me to just shut up though instead of arguing when I know I`m right(say it`s a plant thing) Hmm.....can`t convince myself to do that yet.:D

Laura, Its hard to say whether or not the many years count for anything. One thing I know, relationships are as sensitive as the world around us, and just as fragile. You never know what will make it stronger, and you never know what will blow it up, and you take it day by day. Always hope for the best, and work hard to make it work. I have done this for 30 years, and it isn't at all easy, and has come close to coming apart once or twice, but we plod on, still working on it. Looks like life is a load of work, with some pleasure thrown in to keep us sane. (I still like it though!)

Back