What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Major weather shift

wow! its 7 degrees here, and supposed to egt to 3 tonight, being from FL it makes it even worse for me, have any of you ever had a major weather shift?

no. its cold, dry, and cloudy like always

I don`t know.....I haven`t been outside in 5 days.

If you mean a shift resulting from a move, I did a Mississippi to Maine move 20 years ago. Luckily, I didn't have any plants in tow.

I moved from maine to south dakota

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kirkscoastalcarnivores @ Nov. 29 2004,8:32)]wow! its 7 degrees here, and supposed to egt to 3 tonight, being from FL it makes it even worse for me, have any of you ever had a major weather shift?
Welcome to Colorado. Just wait, it gets colder. This is only the end of November. The end of January and the first part of February are when we can get really nippy. On the other hand, It keeps you guessing when you can get a night time low of -8°f followed by a daytime high of 33°f. You get used to it....eventually
smile_n_32.gif

I went to college in Plattsburgh, NY. We had one January where the temp never reached the freezing point - for 21 consecutive days.

I'm finally back in the bay area after spending a month in Lake Tahoe. Our town, Truckee, was the coldest place in the nation one night, and a couple nights ago it hit zero. After a 2-foot snowfall.

It's good to be back where it gets at least in the fifties during the day!
laugh.gif

Capslock

he he he... 18 here is about as low as it gets
biggrin.gif

Caps, you think it gets a bit cool in Truckee? Well, just north of Truckee a couple of miles at Boca the temperature was -42.8 C (-45.0 F) on the 20th January, 1937. California is not always warm.

For more temperature extremes, see
http://members.iinet.net.au/~jacob/worldtp.html

It snowed yesterday(I saw through the window) We can get real crazy weather though....70 degrees in january happens....

normal weather here, about 10 degrees at night. round 30 during the day sometimes higher somedays lower. doesnt get to cold here till the end of December through the begining of February. -35 before wind chill not uncommon. im quite comfortable down to about 5 below as long as there is no wind but in NE Montana thats kinda rare. hopefully we will get less snow this year, four feet of snow SUCKS!!!!!! ill stick with the normal 8-12 inches. 4 feet of snow plus 40mph winds is almost unbearable even if it is 20 above zero outside, you bury houses in that kinda weather.

Lol. I remember upstate new york when I was there...Brrr.....

I thought if four feet of snow fell in Montana it would blow clear across the Dakotas and pile up in Minnesota.

Its been pretty warm here...we are still having days in the low 60s, sometimes almost 70. But this is not typical. Now that I finally have heat, I'm ready for it to get cold and SNOW!!!
biggrin.gif

BTW...Capslock...whatever happened with the bear? Did you ever get a pic of it?

Whenever I see the temperature extremes listed in the newspaper, Truckee tends to be the coldest and either Bullhead or Gila tend to be the hottest.

Ah, I was in Riverton Wyoming when it reached a new national record of 63 below (back in the 80s).  It was so cold that it did not feel cold.  I walked a half mile to work and a friend walked a mile to college.  I was white when I walked in and he nearly lost his ears to frostbite.

Virginia's Unspoken State Motto: If you don't like the weather in Virginia, wait 5 minutes

[b said:
Quote[/b] (herenorthere @ Dec. 01 2004,1:07)]I thought if four feet of snow fell in Montana it would blow clear across the Dakotas and pile up in Minnesota.
i wish it worked that way, unfortunatly it got caught around my house on its way to North Dakota and i had LOTS and LOTS of 9 foot drifts on my property. we had a large CAT loader owned by the county dig us out the final time and he had difficulties. the rest of Montana was complaining about lack of snow, thats because 99% of the snow that is supposed to cover ALL of Montana fell with in 80 miles of the Canadian border and withing 200 miles of the ND border. that lil rectangle(i would be living in the lower center part) got UNBELIEVABLE amounts of snow. Darlas dad has lived here since the 1940's and has never seen that much snow in this part of the state. it was a rather warm winter though. i think we only had 10 days total below zero. usually its weeks of that.

Back